7 17.50%
  • Design Y

6 15.00%
  • Design Z

27 67.50%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    X is more for like it if only for not being top heavy. Y and Z seem top heavy for me. Y is more recognizable since it looks like the Tamaraw FX from behind or the Anfra (?) type of cars I remember seeing back in the day. X also looks to be the one with the highest passenger capacity (9 passenger + 1 driver) so a lot of drivers would take that into consideration. The problem with Z versus Y is that Y has a larger rear door so ingress and egress would be easier.

I would choose X, then Y, and lastly Z if you were to ask me.

Finally, if you see old jeepneys they mostly have the bulkhead between the driver seat and the engine (firewall area) bent due to the heavy load whenever the jeepneys brake. Just a reminder to reinforce that section or make a thicker transmission tunnel to contribute to its reinforcement. This is more important that you're also designing a four door vehicle, because the jeepneys do not have to worry about closing the doors (they don't have any most of the time). This bending of the chassis will eventually lead to doors not closing or people not able to get out. A huge risk in terms of emergencies.

Hope that also helps.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i like the proposal "Z" but i have some suggestions.

i think the headlights could be bigger. i have no problems with the size of the taillights. although quite smallish. slap-on some modern LEDs and it'll have no problem warning its tailgaters.

make the tail opening a one-piece opening approach using the whole width of the door ala Isuzu Crosswind to ease ingress and egress instead of the two-piece split type.

also, i find the windshield a tad small for the size of the vehicle. and the hood could be higher although that could already make it look like a VW Caravelle/Eurovan which is what it actually reminds me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, interior volume, like dprox said, is exactly the same.

The one problem with the "Y" design is that it's a bit too traditional in treatment... with its sloping hood...

While a "butch" square front might not be as aerodynamic or neat, it gives some much needed muscle to the PhUV design (which is what I argued for before). It also makes the design more cohesive, as it's in keeping with the square corners on the rest of the vehicle.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Type Z for me.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    --any takers for prototyping? FMC, Norkis, hello? MVPMAP, natulog na ata kayo?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Versions of 21st century Anfra?Paging FMC..Can Tsikot and FMC collaborate?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :tumbleweed:

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    :tumbleweed:
    I like it.....:funny:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Any takers of the designs yet.......

10. Join Date