7 17.50%
  • Design Y

6 15.00%
  • Design Z

27 67.50%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i voted for z. my opinion, this has the closest design to the current prototype. it looks like the exterior styling is much improved already. (from my inexperience) this seems the most efficient option for designers allowing them to focus more on the safety, functionality, and quality aspects from the current one.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    can't see the pictures/graphics from the link. is this still on? im very very curious.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i hope somebody will buy these designs and make them into working prototypes.

..eventually for production.

I've notice in the baclaran area I saw a fleet of multicabs for hire.

..meaning to say local fabrication of these type of vehicles are increasing.....

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    can't see the pictures/graphics from the link. is this still on? im very very curious.
    can't see it too

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I was just wondering why most of the proposed redesigns for the PhUV hardly have any curves which would make it look more appealing IMO. Has anybody heard of Roberst AIMPC? Their website says they're only 1 of 2 companies in the Philippines with an 800 ton hydraulic press capable of making larger car body stampings. They supply OEM stamped parts and it looks like they do a good job of making curved body parts. Maybe MVPMAP can encourage this company to join in this effort. Here's the link;

Roberts AIMPC

http://www.roberts.com.ph/metalstampings.html

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TambayBlues View Post
    I was just wondering why most of the proposed redesigns for the PhUV hardly have any curves which would make it look more appealing IMO. Has anybody heard of Roberst AIMPC? Their website says they're only 1 of 2 companies in the Philippines with an 800 ton hydraulic press capable of making larger car body stampings. They supply OEM stamped parts and it looks like they do a good job of making curved body parts. Maybe MVPMAP can encourage this company to join in this effort. Here's the link;

Roberts AIMPC

http://www.roberts.com.ph/metalstampings.html
    Yup, indeed. This company will be crucial for the development of a locally designed and manufactured Filipino vehicle.

Recently, in her speech, Sen. Legarda urged the government to support Philippine industry and manufacturing a side from our agricultural sector. She made special mention of the national car programs of Asian countries. This is to solve our brain drain problem.

The only way for us to develop economically is to develop our own industry specially our auto industry. Without a vibrant manufacturing sector plus a healthy agricultural sector our country will remain an embarrassment to the ASEAN region.

Those voodoo economics of Bernardo Villegas et al and other liberalization and import dependence (import everything til' you drop)gurus are nothing more but hogwash economics.

If indeed their economics are correct why has the Philippines remain a pauper in Asia?Utangero pa rin tayo.

Look what is happening to us-- not only are we at the mercy of importers of industrial products and petroleum, we are now even at the mercy of rice, wheat exporters (such as Thailand and Vietnam)?

well, di bale, maporma naman tayo e.English speaking naman tayo, updated naman ang celphone, mp3, dvd, lcd tv at may pimp my ride naman tayo e.

We need to straighten our priorities. Starting with the revival and support of our agriculture, industry and local entrepreneurs.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Since one of the most critical and costly part of creating curved auto body parts is the manufacture of stamping dies, a lot of the OEM parts suppliers resort to one of the latest technologies available today and that is Virtual CNC Machining simulation to develop and verify digital prototypes during stamping die design.This software tool allows them to import a 3D digital car body mesh and create a virtual mold, die or whatever part and simulate the CNC machining operation by running the G-code using a specified CNC machine model. This virtual prove-out process enables them to spot costly G-code programming errors thereby minimizing and/or eliminating the chances of damaging tool collisions, bad feed rates, tying up their machine, off-tolerance errors, scraps etc. if this development effort were done via conventional trial and error process using their own CNC machine. All these savings in time, labor, material and capital directly reduces the cost of the final prototype dies/parts etc. It's also a good program to study and practice G-code programming skills without having a real CNC machine. For more information about this amazing software here's the company's website;

http://www.predator-software.com/Predator_Virtual_CNC_Software.htm

If Taiwan, Japan, Korea, China did it, We can close the gap a little bit by having these cutting edge programs at our disposal. Just my small contribution to help our country's industries and nationalists among us upgrade our knowhow albeit through the backdoor if you know what I mean. And finally without further adieu, here's the download link for my fellow tsikoteers;

All the company's products direct from their download server
    ftp://ftp.predator-software.com/

ang clue sa password is saan ang lugar na tinatawag na "windy city" in the good ol' USA. It should all be in lowercase letters. If you're good at trivia this is easy to figure out. Di ko pa alam password nung ibang products so that will be all for now. Enjoy the power of the internet.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    If Taiwan, Japan, Korea, China did it, We can close the gap a little bit by having these cutting edge programs at our disposal. Just my small contribution to help our country's industries and nationalists among us upgrade our knowhow albeit through the backdoor if you know what I mean. And finally without further adieu, here's the download link for my fellow tsikoteers
    Good you have mentioned these dynamic, high-tech countries. They are nothing but laggards like us before ....but because they know what to prioritize---and harness whatever they have.....these ultra-nationalist countries are now the envy of the world..

We, Filipinos, as citizens of the world, boasting a english-speaking westernized populace (with Japanese, Korean, American and European car /vehicle owning minority), cannot even produce adequately our own food requirements...and have to beg Thailand and Vietnam for rice.....

At least we can be proud of being....... pinaka-mapormang hapas-lupa sa Asya (check World Competitive Report, MDG 2008, ADB, IMF-WB, JICA etc.) ..........

I just can't imagine the so-called ngiting aso in the faces of our competitors (ASEAN neighbors)...

We must produce, produce produce....hindi puro bili, bili, import etc...

Let start with the local auto industry......
    Last edited by jpdm; April 10th, 2008 at 06:26 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    There's a lot of things that we wish for to come true sa Pinas kaso its an uphill battle. But inspite of our problems I commend GMA for handling our government notwithstanding all the controversies surrounding her adminstration. Like somebody said you cannot argue with 28 quarters of continuous growth and accelerating at that. Our country was severely damaged by the Marcos administration coz it was during his term that our foreign debt ballooned. We were number 2 in Asia before he came to power. So to all her detractors, Cory Aquino was actually the one who started our slow ascent out of the hole coz she hardly borrowed from abroad back then and she was the one who reduced the proportion of short term debts by refinancing most of them into better longer terms. It was also the reason why during Ramos' time we had a power crisis with brownouts here and there coz Cory hardly built any infrastracture coz most of the budget ended up as debt service for our foreign loans. But if the 1987 Constitution didn't have the 60/40 rule in investment ownership back then we would've attracted far more investments and would be a much more developed nation by now. That's the major stumbling block in attracting foreign investments in addition to land ownership. Maybe our next President should be an engineer who has a vision to move this country forward.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    There's a lot of things that we wish for to come true sa Pinas kaso its an uphill battle.
    But inspite of our problems I commend GMA for handling our government notwithstanding all the controversies surrounding her adminstration.

Maybe our next President should be an engineer who has a vision to move this country forward.

*tambay blues, I respect your opinion but i would like to state things on the contrary. Ethno-liguistically speaking, im happy because Gloria is the third president coming from the group I partially belong (half)to--the Capangpangans ( D. Macapagal and Cory Aquino). Pero hanggang duon lang

With all due respect, for the past how many years starting from Ramos and worsened during Gloria's time, our economy turned from bad to worst.

I am no fan of the opposition but concern about a jobless so-called economic development of the philippines during the time of Gloria. Actually, there was no economic development during Gloria's time, just click the website of NSCB and look whats happening to our major economic sector ---manufacturing and agriculture.

Look for the website of the Federation of Philippine Industries, Exporters Council and other major industry group.

For the auto industry, check CAMPI and MVPMAP for their woes. The plastic, petrochemical, steel, electronics, electrical, leather, garments and rubber...patay na halos lahat.

Alam mo bang nagsara na rin Levi's sa Pinas, pati Intel Philippines malapit na. Ilang tao mawawalan ng trabaho 5,000 lang naman. Shell is planning to pull out. Importer na lang gusto away ng mag-refine. So ilan manggagawa ang mawawalan ng trabaho.

Sa Export processing zones, thousands of workers lost their jobs because mataas ang peso (it makes our export expensive and less earning for exporters)

In just a few years, this administration made this country into the world's largest importer of rice and a haven for ukay-ukay (baguio), cheap smuggled products from Korea, China and Thailand (168, divisoria, baclaran), smuggled sibuyas, chicken, carrots, tomato, meat smuggled vehicles and pirated dvds...

Patay na garment workers, farmers, hog and chicken raisers, auto assemblers and film industry.

Net importer of food na tayo ngayon. Kala ko ba agricultural tayo. Pinatay na ng smuggling at importation.

Last year, the government announced a 7.2% increase in GDP and yet over 2 million Pinoys were added to the poverty statistics (SWS, NSCB). Based on $1 /day (Php 42 per person).
    Ganun? pag may 42 pesos kana a day di ka na mahirap. Aba, bananaque lang mabibili ko sa 40 pesos sa isang araw a. Yung ang meal ko maghapon?Im not poor with 42 pesos?

Mataas na economic-related crimes. Holdap, kidnapping, carjacking, carnapping, robbery-holdap, theft, estafa, illegal recruitment, organ trafficking, human trafficking, drug trafficking...Gutom at walang trbaho tao. Bata dito sa Cavite kinidnap at kinuha internal organ. Walang atay, mata at kiney nung natagpuan.

Do you think, it is economic development when more that 14 million Pinoys are OFW (nabiktima na nga isang taga tsikot) why?plain and simple walang trabaho sa PInas.

Because there is no more industry here.

We import everything.

Trade deficit natin $ 8 Billion dollars last year, $4 Billion in 2007, $7 billion in 2006. which means na mas maraming lumabas na pera keysa pumasok sa PInas. So saan kinuha ang pambayad sa insatiable importation ng Pinas, Utang uli. Utang dito utang duon.

May celphone, mp3, lcd tv ka nga imported lahat, utang ng bansa yun. The reason why these electronic gadgets are being flooded in the country is to divert the attention of the Pinoys that are country is dying.

$ 56 billion foreign debt that doesnt go down (Marcos $27B only. Cory $28b). Kung natuloy yung ZTE, Southrail, Northrail, Cyber education (all funded by Chinese loans)paano, dagdag utang?

3 trillion pesos domestic loan.Utang dito Pinas.

Paano babayaran ang utang, taxes. So EVAT, R-VAT. Abangan, may niluluto ang Congress at BIR uli.

2 million housing backlog. Meaning 2 million pinoy tirahan ng daga ang bahay.Punta kayo ilog at squatters area. Punta kayo probinsya.

Dilapidated roads. Punta ka sa Mindoro o sa Quezon.Dito Cavite.

Ang bumubuhay lang sa atin ay mga OFW.Walang iba.

Please, try to observe carefully. Mahar Mangahas, Fabella and other well known economists in the Philippines are already questioning our economic policy. Worsening poverty and poverty gap despite increasing GDP?

Tawag nga ng SWS, tska yung chair ata ng Economic department ng Ateneo sa economics ng gobyerno guessonomics--meaning they are guessing the statistics (inamin ng NEDA mali yung 7.2% growth rate)

Mag-observe sa lipunan, wag lang sa malls, gated subdivisions o loob ng tinted vehicles.Hindi realidad yan.

Go to the real world and feel the wretchedness and poverty of the whole country.

WE DONT NEED AN ENGINEER TO RUN THIS COUNTRY.

JUST SOMEONE, A PRESIDENT OR LEADER WHO REALLY LOVES OUR COUNTRY.

PERIOD.
    Last edited by jpdm; April 12th, 2008 at 07:09 PM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Tsikoteers Redesign MVPMAP PhUV