New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    IMHO, we are reaching the number one position in the global BPO industry. In the global labor market, we join India, China, Mexico in global labor deployment with China and India raking huge remittances from their OFW.
    about BPO...

BPO makes money

that's why it attracts capital

(capital will flow to where it is perceived to come back bigger)

local investors are willing to invest TONS of money building BPO centers coz they are confident their capital will come back bigger

in contrast, we do not see local car manufacturing attracting capital

hindi dahil mahirap ang Pinas

(someone said i'm trying to say mahirap lang tayo kaya huwag na magbother sa local car making)

there are investors here with lots of capital

but investors are not allocating capital to the manufacturing of Pinoy made cars coz they do not see their capital coming back bigger

it's really that simple

someone has to come up with a car that can actually make money

when that happens, mark my words, capital will come flowing
    Last edited by uls; November 8th, 2009 at 09:17 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Per se no one is investing in mainstream car manufacturing vehicle carrying a local brand.

But per se they are Pinoys who are investing in car manufacturing in joint venture with Japanese companies i.e. George Ty and Toyota, Isuzu and local partner, Honda and local partner.

I cant say about Ford if its whollyowned or with local investors.

Hari and Hyundai are on CBU only.

Columbian Motors of Alvarez? and Kia are CBU only.

Allen Roxas and Great Wall of China might go into CKD using temporarily the former FMC plant in Las PInas for assembly oprarations.

Now, the pukpok native industry is still alive and kicking but not at the same level that it attained during the golden era of Pinoy AUVs.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Would you want me to add the other market forces that limit a product's growth and market performance?
    whatever stuff you need to factor in, my question stays. ganun na lang ba? dapat ba scared na tayo? hanggang dito na lang ba?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

someone has to come up with a car that can actually make money

when that happens, mark my words, capital will come flowing
    eto naman pala e. e diba yan nga ang baby steps na sinasabi ko. now would you like to throw-in ideas to help conceptualize a pinoy car that can actually make money locally? or trip mo lang mag demotivate.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OyiL View Post
    eto naman pala e. e diba yan nga ang baby steps na sinasabi ko. now would you like to throw-in ideas to help conceptualize a pinoy car that can actually make money locally? or trip mo lang mag demotivate.
    chicken or the egg yan

a pinoy made car can't make it to market to prove that it can make money so it can attract capital coz the car maker lacks capital to create a car that can make it to market to prove it can make money

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Per se no one is investing in mainstream car manufacturing vehicle carrying a local brand.

But per se they are Pinoys who are investing in car manufacturing in joint venture with Japanese companies i.e. George Ty and Toyota, Isuzu and local partner, Honda and local partner.

I cant say about Ford if its whollyowned or with local investors.

Hari and Hyundai are on CBU only.

Columbian Motors of Alvarez? and Kia are CBU only.

Allen Roxas and Great Wall of China might go into CKD using temporarily the former FMC plant in Las PInas for assembly oprarations.

Now, the pukpok native industry is still alive and kicking but not at the same level that it attained during the golden era of Pinoy AUVs.

umm... you don't have to tell me on who invested in toyota, honda phils. etc

I KNOW that

we both know i wasnt referring to them (Toyota, Honda Phils., etc) in my post

i was referring to the 100% pinoy car
    Last edited by uls; November 9th, 2009 at 12:56 AM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    chicken or the egg yan

a pinoy made car can't make it to market to prove that it can make money so it can attract capital coz the car maker lacks capital to create a car that can make it to market to prove it can make money
    dito kailangan yung "thinking-out-of-the-box". there are ways. there will always be a way to do something. example: virus makers

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OyiL View Post
    whatever stuff you need to factor in, my question stays. ganun na lang ba? dapat ba scared na tayo? hanggang dito na lang ba?
    I am not saying we should be scared. I am saying you should be prepared for what will be needed to pull such a venture off the ground. Many people under estimate the kinds of things/skills and amounts of money needed to get a venture going.

And honestly, wishful thinking isn't one of them.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 9th, 2009 at 01:26 AM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    dito kailangan yung "thinking-out-of-the-box". there are ways. there will always be a way to do something. example: virus makers
    not really out-of-the-box...

just do some matchmaking

car designers need capital, look for someone willing to provide it

look for some crazy rich dude or lady (crazy rich people will be more open to the idea, logical rich people won't bother)
    Last edited by uls; November 9th, 2009 at 01:27 AM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I am not saying we should be scared. I am saying you should be prepared for what will be needed to pull such a venture off the ground. Many people under estimate the kinds of things/skills and amounts of money needed to get a venture going.

And honestly, wishful thinking isn't one of them.
    example:

have you seen those unfinished condo buildings?

not enough capital for the entire project

just enough to get construction started

depended on pre-selling to finance the completion of the building

didnt make enough money pre-selling

condo construction suspended
    Last edited by uls; November 9th, 2009 at 01:38 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Sustainable car business: USA's Local Motor