New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Mas lumala lalo ng Kay Abaya. Siya pinaka great example Na malakas ang kapit kasi palpak Na nga. Ayaw Pa Alisin. Sana magawan ang mrt. dapat nga may subway Na Simula north Ave to Pasay din. Nagtataka ako Sa sino may may handle ng operation ng MRT. May nag claim kasi Na sila dapat nagpapatakbo eh nung time ni Abaya.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Check this out mga kapatid baka pwede to sa atin. yung nga lang chinese made to.. lol..

http://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-i...a-reality.html

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pau88 View Post
    Mas lumala lalo ng Kay Abaya. Siya pinaka great example Na malakas ang kapit kasi palpak Na nga. Ayaw Pa Alisin. Sana magawan ang mrt. dapat nga may subway Na Simula north Ave to Pasay din. Nagtataka ako Sa sino may may handle ng operation ng MRT. May nag claim kasi Na sila dapat nagpapatakbo eh nung time ni Abaya.
    I agree that Abaya was not up for the task, yet because of his high stature in the LP, PNoy did not (or could not) kick him out.

However, it seems like you've already made your judgment without even fully understanding the MRT conundrum.

First, the MRT was built and is operated by the MRTC, led by Robert Sobrepeña. They are also in charge of appointing a competent contractor to maintain the MRT.

Their selected contractor, Sumitomo, messed up the maintenance of the trains as they did not order the necessary maintenance parts, instead resorting to cannibalizing other trains to keep a few trains running, until more and more trains were no longer fit for public use. Yet, when their contract expired, MRTC still renewed their contract 4 more times at increasing rates. Also, MRTC never added new trains since the start of the MRT's operation.

This was when the DOTC stepped in and kicked Sumitomo, declared an emergency bidding, and made APT-PHTrams handle the maintenance of the MRT. Unfortunately, PHTrams is connected to then-MRT GM Vitangcol, so both were sacked. The maintenance contract underwent a bidding process and now it's the Busan group that won and they are currently responsible for the MRT maintenance.

Alongside this, the DOTC also tried to purchase new trains (which MRTC should've done a long time ago), but faced several roadblocks when Sobrepeña's group filed TROs which delayed the purchase of new trains. This is why the arrival of our new trains have been delayed several years.

The camp of Sobrepeña says everything is the opposite - that they have been running the MRT well until the government/DOTC stepped in and ruined everything. It's as if everything was fine and dandy and then suddenly went haywire because of the gov'ts intervention.

I find this hard to believe because in my years riding the MRT, I already noticed its deterioration even before DOTC came in.

Ultimately, I'd say that the DOTC is on the right track with their plans for the MRT (more trains, better maintenance, buyout of the existing contract with MRTC). Abaya clearly couldn't get things done, but Tugade is no Abaya. If he's as good as everyone thinks, he should get the MRT back to better shape within his term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The camp of Sobrepeña says everything is the opposite - that they have been running the MRT well until the government/DOTC stepped in and ruined everything. It's as if everything was fine and dandy and then suddenly went haywire because of the gov'ts intervention.

I find this hard to believe because in my years riding the MRT, I already noticed its deterioration even before DOTC came in.
    Sobrepena Group = Fil Estate. That speaks a lot on how they handle things.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Yung mga connected sa ayala group like abaya at bcda casanova i-ban magtrabaho sa gobyerno.

Kung marami lang pera suggestion ko gibain na MRT. Sa mga engineer dito mas ok ba cable car? Kasi mas prefer ko less structure para maganda pa din "aura" ng environment. Kung pwede lang underground train mas lalo ok.

Sa araneta ave ngayon ang pangit na dahil sa skyway. Nagmukhang osmena papuntang makati to bicutan. Makukulob na wala sunlight. Masyado mababa sana tinaasan naman para medyo aliwalas at maarawan pa din.

Kasi tingnan nyo avenida, Nuknukan ng pangit. Ang dilim dilim. Kaya any mode of transportation na elevated nakakasira ng harmony. Wala ba maisip na elevated eh yung least structure. Kasi ang reklamo mahal daw underground train, tunnel.

Kaya wag kayo maniniwala sa mga feng shui experts. Sa metro manila ngayon sa dami ng high-rise, skyway, mrt/lrt, mall. Ewan ko kung ano good feng shui jan. Kung pera lang baseshan ng feng shui eh bolahan yan. Paano naman ang health which is number 1.

Kung pwede nga lang zip line sa edsa pero high-tech version mas masaya pa.

-

Sa edsa ibawal na dapat magpatayo high-rise at mall. Kasi lalo lang tatraffic jan. Ang dapat maappoint urban planner yung wala agenda. I dont know about jun palafox pero so far parang maayos diskarte at pro environment, walkways sa mga nababasa ko.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^^

Too late for that.

Kayang kaya ayusin ni Duts yan!

Cable car sa edsa? Eh pinabaon nga ng mga yamyamanin yung mrt pagdating ng buendia and ayala diba?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    question lang about using bus instead of trains dun sa existing MRT tracks. di ba talaga sya feasible? di ba mas madali i-repair for us ang mga ganito (ordinary engine).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cable car? tatakbo ba yun ng 60 kph or more, same speed as the mrt? yung cable car na nasakyan ko sa amusement parks sa SG, HK at China mas mabilis lang sa lakad ng tao, siguro max na 8 kph.

pero for the sake of argument e sabihin na natin na pwede tumakbo ng 60 kph, do you trust that cable to run at 60 kph and not soon break? dito sa rig yung cable na 2-1/2 inches ang diameter pinapalitan regularly. meron tinatawag na "ton miles" na unit of measure sa life ng cable. every week slip-and-cut so many feet of cable para bago lagi yung in use. 28 km ang edsa. back and forth so x2, 56 km. yung amusement parks kaya nila yun, mahal entrance e. e yung pinoy na gusto mura lang pasahe, sa palagay nyo mame-maintain ng maayos kung kulang ang bayad?

ganda ng cable car ano pag nag brown out, magdamagan na rescue yun. sa mrt pwede maglakad sa tabi.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Cable car in a country that gets 20 typhoons per year is a bad idea. Dapat nga lahat ng kawad natin ng kuryente underground.

Tapatalked

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Cable car in a country that gets 20 typhoons per year is a bad idea. Dapat nga lahat ng kawad natin ng kuryente underground.

Tapatalked
    hopeless na ang MRT without the power of the president

ito pinaka logical answer baket hindi ma-ayos ayos ang MRT

conflict of interest ang MRT vs bus operator and LTFRB... bus users will decline if MRT services is good diba... thus loss of income ang bus

we need strong leadership skills na ang bus is not allowed or their number be controlled (be used as a backup only) within the vicinity of the MRT... thats how you solve the congestion at EDSA and not by implementing coding...

i am willing to give-up my private vehicle nga if public transpo is good just like in HK

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast