New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hej, i just want to share some external lectures we had. i don't know how these can be applied in the phuv project but hopefully these will give you an insight on the R & D in aerodynamics and CFD in the vehicle industry.

aerodynamics at volvo car corporation
    http://www2.mech.kth.se/courses/5C1211/KTH2008_TW.pdf

CFD at volvo car corporation
    http://www2.mech.kth.se/courses/5C12...2008-PART2.pdf

experimental methods in vehicle aerodynamics (Scania)
    http://www2.mech.kth.se/courses/5C12...n_20070330.pdf

currents trends are generally on lowering fuel consumption, noise and soiling.

there was supposed to be a lecture from the head of the cfd group for Scuderia Ferrari but sadly it got cancelled.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by knight23 View Post
    hej, i just want to share some external lectures we had. i don't know how these can be applied in the phuv project but hopefully these will give you an insight on the R & D in aerodynamics and CFD in the vehicle industry. ...
    currents trends are generally on lowering fuel consumption, noise and soiling.
    there was supposed to be a lecture from the head of the cfd group for Scuderia Ferrari but sadly it got cancelled.
    Thanks, knight23. Any addition to our knowledge base is most welcome - particularly if it comes from an authoritative source.
    BTW, I know some Tsikoteers would like to pick your brains about energy and thermodynamics issues. Please check your PM.
    [SIZE="1"]DESIGN is the missing link in the Philippine auto industry.[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dprox View Post
    Thanks, knight23. Any addition to our knowledge base is most welcome - particularly if it comes from an authoritative source.
    BTW, I know some Tsikoteers would like to pick your brains about energy and thermodynamics issues. Please check your PM.
    Welcome. my main field is on sound(noise) and vibration. i don't have good background on thermodynamics but i can do some research.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    downloaded the articles....maganda

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This company offers training on Aircraft Composite Repairs HEATCON Composite Training (Philippines)

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by knight23 View Post
    Welcome. my main field is on sound(noise) and vibration. i don't have good background on thermodynamics but i can do some research.
    [SIZE=3]
    Good morning Knight,

Would you know of a resonance device that can possibly thin out the viscosity of diesel to something near gasoline (if ever that's possible) before going in either a fuel injector or carb?

This would make it possible for gasoline engines to use diesel fuel. I know of someone who was able to make a motorbike with a gasoline engine use diesel with modification in the valves on the carb, The problem was as he says was that the smoke was like that of a fogging machine but was not obnoxious as the smoke coming from a single stroke engine.

Maybe with further modification we can eliminate the smoke while lessening fuel consumption and getting bio diesel from a renewable source.

Could there be such a resonance gadget to shake diesel into thinning out?

[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Should post this in its own thread... or maybe even ask Ghosthunter in the general section.

I don't doubt it's possible, but with diesel still costing over 50 pesos and your probable consumption not being any better (or maybe significantly worse) than with gasoline. Better is LPG. At half the price of gasoline and just 60% the price of diesel, and with widespread conversion kits available, it's your best bet for gas engines... at least until E85 gas-alcohol comes out locally (rumored to be sellable around 35-40 pesos)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Should post this in its own thread... or maybe even ask Ghosthunter in the general section.

I don't doubt it's possible, but with diesel still costing over 50 pesos and your probable consumption not being any better (or maybe significantly worse) than with gasoline. Better is LPG. At half the price of gasoline and just 60% the price of diesel, and with widespread conversion kits available, it's your best bet for gas engines... at least until E85 gas-alcohol comes out locally (rumored to be sellable around 35-40 pesos)
    Am not yet so used to going around tsikot. Would appreciate info on what thread should the post be. Will ask how I can get to correspond with ghosthunter.

According to the person who used diesel for his gasoline bike, his fuel expense was cut by 75%. This was in 1973 when the first oil crisis hit and he could not afford gas prices then that he experimented using diesel instead of gasoline.

I'm eying to experiment on his 'tale' when I get to afford to buy a used cheap bike for him to work on. He stands pat on his claim and so far withthe so many times we've talk about it no change in his story in every detail that seems it's based on actual experience and not a 'fairy tale'.

Appreciate if you can info me on what thread I should be posting this discussion.

Thank you.

KSC

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Guys, ang cocobiodiesel yata has already solved the problem of lowering petrodiesel viscosity. Check out this link and the tables of technical data about cocodiesel vs other types of diesel. It turns out cocodiesel has the best properties especially the higher octane rating among the diesel oils exactly as the Pinoy MIT Professor once mentioned in his article that I read a long time ago ;

Using coconut oil to churn out bio diesel
    http://www.sundaytimes.lk/061001/Fin...Times/4.1.html

lectures on aerodynamics and CFD in the vehicle industry