New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OyiL View Post
    wait ka lang. dapat ready ka rin sa mga "constructive" at "encouraging" feedbacks ni uls, gh, hein. at sigurado, magiging successful ito. more power.
    Yeah, Oyil. check out the success of the Tsikot PHUV Prototype Project. All TALK since 2007. Ano nangyari sa lahat ng drawing mo, drawing pa rin.

Nasaan na yung mga PhUV project leaders na nag-meeting meeting pa. They will show Daw the Filipinos how a PHuV should be made. Architect, dprox, jamesvhong. They all but dissappeared. In the end, all BOLA pala.

Uls and Hein and others are speaking the truth.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    Yeah, Oyil. check out the success of the Tsikot PHUV Prototype Project. All TALK since 2007. Ano nangyari sa lahat ng drawing mo, drawing pa rin.

Nasaan na yung mga PhUV project leaders na nag-meeting meeting pa. They will show Daw the Filipinos how a PHuV should be made. Architect, dprox, jamesvhong. They all but dissappeared. In the end, all BOLA pala.

Uls and Hein and others are speaking the truth.
    ay sorry, ikaw din pala. di kita nabigyan ng credit. pero ewan ko kung saan galing yung quote mo na "They will show Daw the Filipinos how a PHuV should be made."

Just to let you know, i am part of the that team. kung nagmamadali ka... mag-contribute ka nga ng makakatulong. kung wala ka i-cocontribute, maghintay ka na lang. wala ka namang stake sa project e.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oyil View Post
    ay sorr
    just to let you know, i am part of the that team. Kung nagmamadali ka... Mag-contribute ka nga ng makakatulong. Kung wala ka i-cocontribute, maghintay ka na lang. Wala ka namang stake sa project e.
    Yeah, Team HOT AIR

Pshhhhhhh.........

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hein View Post
    Yeah, Team HOT AIR

Pshhhhhhh.........
    i expected that...kaya lang natagalan ng konti.....atsaka, ang iksi ng comment. make this thread burn.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EMDFrancisco View Post
    Thank you for the information ehnriko!

With what my group had been experimenting and trying for many years now and also combined with your insights, insights from other enthusiasts and feedback from the market, it really seems easier to start from scratch with a new utility vehicle project with a new company and a new name combined with the vision, experience, resources and will power. And of course with the help of the market and enthusiasts like you.

Actually, I was able to get one design sent thru this forum, the one with a red and green color, and I am currently having a costing and feasibility study made by my people so as to find out if the project is worth pushing thru. The important points that we are looking at are the ff:
    1. Functionality - meaning we can load both people and cargo
    2. Design - not too futuristic and not too old but very attractive to the market
    3. Cost - the lower the better
    4. Availability of components - more generic the better, depende lang naman yan sa pag design
    5. Cost, fuel efficiency and availability of parts for the engine.
    6. And some other details.

If you have other designs, please do send some.

Many thanks!

The designs posted by the Tsikot PHUV group and I here in the public domains can be used by anyone - even without permission unless stated on the images... which is more often no than yes.

If you really are serious about investing on the design aspect using 'platform adaptation' you can always tap the group by PM.

I am burned out in designing for now... and am just lurking around to find if there really 'ever' is anything new at all - happening in the surroundings.

History repeats itself in a cyclical manner... but in our country... the cycle is not really ascending.... nor does it have a huge orbit line.

I wish you all the best in your project though. In the meantime... I will just throw in bits and snippets of inputs that are probably irrelevant or even insignificant for that matter. But if you find it helpful well in good.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007

Here's an example of a burn-out situation.

One of my drawings sent to Toyota in 2004...( the corolla 2005 Conceptual drawing) and the Europe only Toyota Model launched in 2007. Striking resemblance isn't it?

Oh well...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I don't blame local vehicle manufacturers for often overly recycled and broad sales pitches when developing their next generation of products.

I am however, skeptical about how feasible and viable their plans are. After all, we simply can't expect these cars to come into the market in a vacuum devoid of competition.

But the fact is, you need to spend money to make money. This new product has to be significantly cheaper than say an L300 or its Kia equivalent in order for it to make a dent in the market and compellingly feature rich.

Unfortunately the parts required for it to excel would need to be of good quality.

For instance, a utility vehicle relies largely on a good power train. An efficient engine would not only need to offer a good power to weigh ratio, but it also needs to be compliant with updated emissions and safety requirements.

That will cost money.

Our own tool and die industry is significantly lacking the needed technology and expertise. Simply purchasing CNC machines is only one step but it is a tiny requirement when you do not have the necessary expert base to utilize capital equipment.

You will need to pay top peso for these types of workers. Hence that will cost money.

I'm not surprised that given all the preferential treatment these companies have received throughout the decades in form of tax breaks and in some cases outright subsidies, that we're still seeing very little viable business sense.

The failed tool and die corporation project of yesteryears is a very valid case in point. Well intentioned money, paving the road to hell.

Subsidies rarely provide the necessary incentives, it is often too easy for large corporations to simply sap all of those off and just move to the next place to manufacture.

Sink or swim, I say.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
"HELP improve Anfra 2007"