New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    Hi guys,

I want to build my own car. My inspiration is the Mercedes G-class because its design is boxy yet classic, modern, and very class.

First, where do I find someone who can build the body? Can anyone recommend anyone to me?

Next, what kind of engine would you recommend I use. I want to use an economical engine, not a gas or diesel guzzling engine. I want sana gasoline para it can be converted to LPG, and Ill have no problem with smoke belching apprehensions. But I can consider diesel as well. Does anyone have a recommended supplier for this?

Third, What kind of suspension and chassis should I put and where can I get one of those?

Finally, how about interiors and the dashboard?

Thanks so much.

I hope it wont cost as much s a brand new Mercedes G class when done, hehehe
    and body pwedeng sheet metal or fiberglass,
    engine siguro, yung mga lumang toyota, 4k , 13t, 21r, etc mura din ang pyesa. RWD halos, pwera nalang kung mag AWD ka.
    sa suspension, leaf spring lahat, matibay matatag pero matigas lang.
    ang dashboard fiberglass yan, pweding kahoy o lata.

recommend ko nalang, bumili ka ng lumang owner type jeep, pickup or any Utility vehicles, yung medyo malaki.

tapos change body nalang, para konti lang bayad sa rehistro, pero retain ang plate numer

estimate ko lang 100k - donor car,
    150k - bodywork and labor

2. Join Date
    May 2018
    I also want to build my own car and want to compete with VW. I am amazed these guys are still gaining great profit after the gas emission scandal.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Building a G-Class Replica would not be too difficult but I recommend constructing your own off road vehicle. The G-Wagon was developed for the German military campaign then re-engineered for civilian then luxury usage. For the Philippines it is sort of a poor vehicle of choice. The roads do no have the same level of surface grip as in Europe, roads are smaller and more congested with motorbikes, and the gas stations do not allow nearly as easy access to higher octane gasoline for larger specialized engines.

If I were you I would take the best parts of the G-Wagon and adapt them to a SUV for the Philippine market. I had that exact idea with a remake of the Jeep Wrangler. It would not be a Jeepy, but an Philippine evolution of the Jeep as needed for the Philippine market.

Currently I am looking at my options in so far as the frame and drivetrain but this is more of a hobby then a real business model at this point.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Not related to your dilemma but I want to do a restoration of classic mini cooper. Anybody knows where I can buy a shell of mini? My dad used to restore mini coopers and lost all his contacts. I'm currently working here sa Singapore

5. Join Date
    Nov 2018
    been watching lots of youtube videos about this

6. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Ris_Poly View Post
    engine siguro, yung mga lumang toyota, 4k , 13t, 21r, etc mura din ang pyesa. RWD halos, pwera nalang kung mag AWD ka.

recommend ko nalang, bumili ka ng lumang owner type jeep, pickup or any Utility vehicles, yung medyo malaki.

tapos change body nalang, para konti lang bayad sa rehistro, pero retain ang plate numer

Isama din sa budget yung testing kasi sa unang test pa lang malaking chance na sasablay yung sasakyan. Kaya kelangan malaking budget para mag improve during testing. Di lang isang test kundi marami test na pagdadaan bago gumanda yung performance ng sasakyan.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    That's a spirit, Best of luck for that. must show your progress here.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Ris_Poly View Post

Try to watch on youtube many videos there.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Any updates sir? Gusto namin makita ang progress hehe

10. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Hello! Go find Mr. Ramon Orlina in FB. Aside from his glass art, the customizes cars. You can get a lot of help from him.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345