New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GSGPH View Post
    you obviously don't know what your talking about...
    you probably dwell on the Audi brand during the Auto Prominence dealership Era, which was **** and a total failure.. Unit Taxing discrepancy/after sales/warranty anomalies ..
    If i must compare the three brands,Base on experience, We had a c230 model, which milked our pockets due to a total wiring harness failure of the vehicle (MB did not want to admit that the vehicles that they use to import were not tropicalized) nice..., my 2003 audi a4 has 150k mileage now, and so far its a tank.. normal and expected wear and tear parts have been replaced, yes they maybe expensive compared to a japanese vehicle, but if you know how and where to source things out, it shouldn't be a problem for you. (This goes for all Mercs,BMW's, Audi's), and if i have to mention my friends nightmares with regards to their bimmers, i would rather not since, this might become a short story. But what kind of a car interior Chips off with the slight fingernail swipe...

Just for comparison sake, a 2010:
    *318i 140hp/180nm/6speed - 2,950,000.00
    *A4 1.8T 160hp/250nm/8speed -2,880,000.00

They wont waste money posting huge billboards over the edsa showroom stating "Fastest,Biggest, Most fuel-efficient in its class" for nothing..

Audi is a totally different brand now, Read how much they have gained worldwide vs BMW's and Mercs. Most Filipinos should really open their eyes and look around. Seriously, each manufacturer have pros and cons, but enough of the bimmerfest and chedengness of Old Filipino mentality already

Just my .02 cents
    I agree with you.. Sanay kasi ang pinoy sa bmw and mb...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by boggs.m18 View Post
    I have a 00' Audi A4 thats on its 10th year now. The engine is currently being rebuilt now by Autoplus because my timing belt snapped around 80T kms. Wish i had it replaced earlier. Haha! Had it evaluated in PGA, and they were quoting me around 270k+ for a top overhaul which only included the cost of the parts. I had it pulled out and transferred to Autoplus. Costs a lot more less compared to the original quotation. Really enjoyed driving it since it was my daily driver. I never really had major problems with it prior to the timing belt snapping. Overall, it's a great car! I'd love to upgrade to the newer models! PGA just charges too much for maintenance. 8k+ for a tune-up? ) Just make sure you have deep pockets when planning to maintain euro cars! Japanese cars will definitely save you a lot in terms of car maintenance.

sir how about the time for it to be repaired?..does it take the same amount of time as when you bring it to PGA?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Too bad the standard A4 is only FWD like majority of the mid-size Japanese sedans sold here.

PS: 318i with no i-Drive costs P2,750,000.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    you obviously don't know what your talking about...
    you probably dwell on the Audi brand during the Auto Prominence dealership Era, which was **** and a total failure.. Unit Taxing discrepancy/after sales/warranty anomalies ..
    If i must compare the three brands,Base on experience, We had a c230 model, which milked our pockets due to a total wiring harness failure of the vehicle (MB did not want to admit that the vehicles that they use to import were not tropicalized) nice..., my 2003 audi a4 has 150k mileage now, and so far its a tank.. normal and expected wear and tear parts have been replaced, yes they maybe expensive compared to a japanese vehicle, but if you know how and where to source things out, it shouldn't be a problem for you. (This goes for all Mercs,BMW's, Audi's), and if i have to mention my friends nightmares with regards to their bimmers, i would rather not since, this might become a short story. But what kind of a car interior Chips off with the slight fingernail swipe...

They wont waste money posting huge billboards over the edsa showroom stating "Fastest,Biggest, Most fuel-efficient in its class" for nothing..

Audi is a totally different brand now, Read how much they have gained worldwide vs BMW's and Mercs. Most Filipinos should really open their eyes and look around. Seriously, each manufacturer have pros and cons, but enough of the bimmerfest and chedengness of Old Filipino mentality already

Just my .02 cents
    +1 on this. Audi is built like a tank. Even during the saloon races in Australia, I think it was an Opel hit an A4 Quatrro and the announcer said "wrong move the Audi is built like a tank", the front bumper of the Opel got shredded and there was no sign of damage on the A4. If I remember correcty Frank Beila was driving the Audi.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    get the quattro! you won't be disappointed

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    get a BMW320d - i bought one myself. if you compare 318i with the A4 i'll get the A4 anytime. but for me i've compared all that MB, Audi, BMW and my preference is the BMW 320d - superb car... 3.390M though.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In case anyone still looking. Im selling my 2006 Audi A4 2.0 B7 body for only 1.1m. Contact me 09275270269.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    I agree with you.. Sanay kasi ang pinoy sa bmw and mb...
    Di lang mga Pinoy even the British they agree that BMW is 1st, MB 2nd, and Audi is only at 3rd. It is a sad thing for Audi owners but it is the truth. BMW still is "the car to beat". Just check out Top Gear ratings http://www.topgear.com/uk/bmw/3-series between BMW, MB, Audi particularly. We are only following their lead.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Most Audis sold in the Philippines are FRONT WHEEL DRIVE, just like the Camrys and Accords.

Kaya BMW and Benzes have higher resale for this reason.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by belzer View Post
    hi guys! i'm new here, im planning to buy an a3 or a4..if ever this will be our first euro car. is it the right time to buy one? reliable ba ang audi? im planning to use it for 10 years..any problems sa a3 or a4? thanks!!
    Hi po! Ask ko lang if you were able to buy your Audi A4/A3? Any idea/tip where to buy as I am also planning to buy Audi A4 (2009-2011 year). Thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
planning to buy an A4 or A3