New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boggs.m18 View Post
    I have a 00' Audi A4 thats on its 10th year now. The engine is currently being rebuilt now by Autoplus because my timing belt snapped around 80T kms. Wish i had it replaced earlier. Haha! Had it evaluated in PGA, and they were quoting me around 270k+ for a top overhaul which only included the cost of the parts. I had it pulled out and transferred to Autoplus. Costs a lot more less compared to the original quotation. Really enjoyed driving it since it was my daily driver. I never really had major problems with it prior to the timing belt snapping. Overall, it's a great car! I'd love to upgrade to the newer models! PGA just charges too much for maintenance. 8k+ for a tune-up? ) Just make sure you have deep pockets when planning to maintain euro cars! Japanese cars will definitely save you a lot in terms of car maintenance.
    *boggs.. OT lang.. where is autoplus? Can they do PMS as well? Pati yung reset ng LCD na reminding for pms na.. My parents has a q7 and i'm planning to transfer it in a non casa environment.. btw, pati other brand such as jaguar pwede sila?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    mga sir OT lang din.ask ko lang din san pwede magpa service ng Jaguar?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sir i think may discount ngayon ang audi for the A4 less 200K.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bsg123 View Post
    Sir i think may discount ngayon ang audi for the A4 less 200K.
    actually sir 400k pa po..ok na sana but after reading reviews medyo nawalan na ko ng gana...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    *boggs.. OT lang.. where is autoplus? Can they do PMS as well? Pati yung reset ng LCD na reminding for pms na.. My parents has a q7 and i'm planning to transfer it in a non casa environment.. btw, pati other brand such as jaguar pwede sila?
    Its along EDSA south bound. I just opted to have it done there because my car is already out of warranty and because PGA just charges too much. I guess you can to bring your other cars there if you're folks are not too "maselan" about genuine parts or something.

I just assume that Jaguars and Q7's are not a problem since Porsche's and Lambo's are also brought there! )

Try giving them a call and inquire about your situation! Its (02)726-3066.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by belzer View Post
    actually sir 400k pa po..ok na sana but after reading reviews medyo nawalan na ko ng gana...
    anong variant po yun less 400k? less 200k lang daw yun 2.0tdi diesel

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bsg123 View Post
    anong variant po yun less 400k? less 200k lang daw yun 2.0tdi diesel
    1.8T..yung cheapest model..pati we're planning to buy it cash kaya siguro malaki yung discount..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    get an audi. if you're getting an brand new one, hopefully the warranty would cover kung ano man yung masisira. you really cannot compare the comfort and the ride of euro cars to japanese cars..very satisfying! =)

also, just make sure you maintain it properly if you are planning to use it for 10 years. there are other shops/mechanics out there that could help you if your audi is already out of warranty. we have brought our A6 to a mechanic who ships parts directly from abroad and everything was just almost 1/4 to 1/3 the price of PGA...

if you ask me, i'd still get a well maintained 10 year old Audi over a brand new japanese car and 10 years from now i think i would still feel the same =)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn321 View Post
    Sir kuha ka nalang bnew BMW or Mercedes-Benz mas reliable sila and availability gn parts/maintenance hindi mahirap and resale value of audi ay mura lang.sa performance mas maganda bmw/mercedes-benz.
    you obviously don't know what your talking about...
    you probably dwell on the Audi brand during the Auto Prominence dealership Era, which was **** and a total failure.. Unit Taxing discrepancy/after sales/warranty anomalies ..
    If i must compare the three brands,Base on experience, We had a c230 model, which milked our pockets due to a total wiring harness failure of the vehicle (MB did not want to admit that the vehicles that they use to import were not tropicalized) nice..., my 2003 audi a4 has 150k mileage now, and so far its a tank.. normal and expected wear and tear parts have been replaced, yes they maybe expensive compared to a japanese vehicle, but if you know how and where to source things out, it shouldn't be a problem for you. (This goes for all Mercs,BMW's, Audi's), and if i have to mention my friends nightmares with regards to their bimmers, i would rather not since, this might become a short story. But what kind of a car interior Chips off with the slight fingernail swipe...

Just for comparison sake, a 2010:
    *318i 140hp/180nm/6speed - 2,950,000.00
    *A4 1.8T 160hp/250nm/8speed -2,880,000.00

They wont waste money posting huge billboards over the edsa showroom stating "Fastest,Biggest, Most fuel-efficient in its class" for nothing..

Audi is a totally different brand now, Read how much they have gained worldwide vs BMW's and Mercs. Most Filipinos should really open their eyes and look around. Seriously, each manufacturer have pros and cons, but enough of the bimmerfest and chedengness of Old Filipino mentality already

Just my .02 cents

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Problem talaga un plastic ng BMW mabilis mag peel
    sa Audi naman sana dumami ang CASA nila para mabilis mag pa service heheh malayo kasi EDSA sakin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
planning to buy an A4 or A3