New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Audi will no longer develop new internal-combustion engines | Visor
    “The EU plans for an even stricter Euro 7 emissions standard are a huge technical challenge, and at the same time have little benefit for the environment. That extremely restricts the combustion engine. We will no longer develop a new internal-combustion engine, but will adapt our existing internal-combustion engines to new emission guidelines.”

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    that's good.
    that means, pretty soon, cheaper, more affordable, more practical electric vehicles will hit our shores in the foreseeable future.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    that's good.
    that means, pretty soon, cheaper, more affordable, more practical electric vehicles will hit our shores in the foreseeable future.
    Batteries make EVs expensive. ...and being an Audi, i doubt they will be affordable. Another problem, non-existent Charging netwotk.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Batteries make EVs expensive. ...and being an Audi, i doubt they will be affordable. Another problem, non-existent Charging netwotk.
    things are usually expensive at the start.
    mass-production and product research and development, do eventually make it cheaper and better.

do we remember the first cellphones?
    heh heh.

what's that old saying?
    the europeans design it, americans make it popular, japanese perfect it and mass-produce it, and the chinese make it cheaper.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    things are usually expensive at the start.
    mass-production and product research and development, do eventually make it cheaper and better.

do we remember the first cellphones?
    heh heh.
    Yes. EV battery prices (currently cost as much as an entire sub-compact car) will eventually slowly go down over the next couple of years, but you missed a very important thing needed.... the EV charging infrastructure.

Charging at home is probably good for people who travel within the Metro, but if you live in a condo, or do out of town trips frequently, you will need EV charging stations.

For reference, a Nissan Leaf has a range of 311km, add passengers/cargo and a few hills/elevations changes and the range would most likely drop well below 300km.

what's that old saying?
    the europeans design it, americans make it popular, japanese perfect it and mass-produce it, and the chinese make it cheaper.
    More like, the Europeans mass produced the EVs, the Americans are perfecting it, the Japanese are trying to catch up, the Chinese are now making cheaper alternatives to every EV.
    Last edited by AG4; December 29th, 2021 at 10:42 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Yes. EV battery prices (currently cost as much as an entire sub-compact car) will eventually slowly go down over the next couple of years, but you missed a very important thing needed.... the EV charging infrastructure.
    oh,
    when businessmen see that it is a potential gold mine,
    baka mabigla tayo sa bilis nang dating.
    lookit the hot pandesal...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    oh,
    when businessmen see that it is a potential gold mine,
    I hope they won't wait till it's too close to 2034, final year of ICE vehicles in Europe and Thailand (manufacturing hub of ASEAN).

Audi will no longer develop new internal-combustion engines