New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Oops... didn't know that one about the 320d, nice info, m2!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BB: Was about to say the same thing.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    veed: we got ourselves a persistent one.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Oops... didn't know that one about the 320d, nice info, m2!
    98 320d...E36 body? yey!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    are we losing sight of the title of the thread? are you saying that it is commonplace for a Diesel engine to win a race that has always been run on petrol? Against the likes of porsche et al? Has everyone forgotten the fact that it isn't easy to run 5187 kms at an average of 215 km/h for 24 hours? Plus the fact that the car that came in second was behind by a full lap. Around the length of an entire F1 race.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    CAREFUL with that statement.

There are lots of Tsikoteers (here & stateside) here who drive a MB & BMW.

Does Audi have the balls to compete with the grandaddy of all motorsports? Formula 1?

FYI.

The first production diesel vehicle came from MB.

The first production turbodiesel vehicle came from MB.

The first production turbodiesel w/ direct injection vehicle came from Fiat.

The first diesel vehicle to win ANY kind of racing came from BMW (1998 24 Hours Nurburgring - BMW 320d).

Now tell me... who's pushing the diesel engine technology?
    Okay...so i take it an opinion dissenting to that of the majority is not allowed in this forum? is it not supposed to be about discourse? and at least did it not get everyone's engines revving? What is interesting to note is that the passions do run deep and that their are differing opinions out here. That is the good thing about forums...to help us engage in discussions that would enable others to see all sides...

By the way, why didn't BMW continue the campaign on diesel?

I should have re-phrased my statement then to the first diesel to win Le Mans...

The key is to watch how things progress over the years and indeed see if again this is just a fluke or a new era. Hence the question in the beginning.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    VW has long been running all diesel races... Nakikisakay lang naman Audi sa development ng diesel engines ng VW eh, VW owns Audi and VW sells diesel trucks, commercial vehicles etc... So it's not Audi's fame we're talking about here, it's VW's.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Reminds me of the other thread of why BMW isn't making a legitimate Porsche contender thread.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    VW has long been running all diesel races... Nakikisakay lang naman Audi sa development ng diesel engines ng VW eh, VW owns Audi and VW sells diesel trucks, commercial vehicles etc... So it's not Audi's fame we're talking about here, it's VW's.
    un naman pala e

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Audi R10 Diesel Race Car Wins Lemans. New Era In Racing?