New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hi mga sir, i drive a '98 Space Wagon po and hinahanap ko yung thermostat control ko

anyway here's how my control panel looks like.. the round thing at the middle is just a cover and not the thermostat knob right?

also, here's what i see behind my glove box, can someone please show me where the thermostat control is...

salamat po sa tulong mga sir

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    may picture sana kasi di ko alam baket wala akong post attachment function...sorry..

you system uses the electronic type thermostat.. there are two wires going inside your evaporator at its tip is the sensing element which works just like a resistor.. when the element is cooled up to a certain degree (-5degC) the resistor will be in "open state" thus disengaging your compressor.. when the temperature reach a certain degree (5degC) the resistor will be in "close state" thus engaging your compressor again..

it is commonly found to A/C system with climate controls... Climate control system increases cabin temp by fully releasing cooled air by the compressor and decreases cabin temp by introducing hot air sourced from the engine cooling system (radiator). In this setup its main purpose is just to prevent the evaporator from freezing ..

Unlike other systems that uses the analog type thermostat (with knob and copper tip) that adjust the cabin temp by switching the compressor on and off. it directly detects temperature just like a thermometer and by turning the knob increases or decreases its tolerance to cool air..

here's a tip...
    try unplugging that and you will notice your compressor will not engage even if you turn on the compressor switch..
    you can directly change that to an analog type thermostat.. just remove that thermostat and connect its wires to an analog type thermostat and insert the copper tip inside the evaporator... analog thermostat costs less than 200 pesos.. this way you can control your temp more easily and you can set it low to increase the on-off cycle of the compressor.. you can save fuel also since the compressor will not be working for long periods and avoid over work..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    thank you for the info sir yapoy. this has been the most definite answer i've had so far, even from other forums

actually, im looking for the thermo control thinking that i can still adjust the temp to a cooler setting. my aircon's not cool enough during high noons. maybe i should just have to go to a reputable aircon repair shop to have it checked.

does anyone know a good aircon repair shop in marikina/pasig area?

Still looking for my Thermostat Control