New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    patanong lang...been experiencing some wierdness with my aircon. basta basta lang siya nagpapalamig even with the thermostat set way down. there have also been times where "smoke" comes out of the vents even with the aircon on(i'm guessing the "smoke" is just cooled air)

ano kaya problema?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    patanong lang...been experiencing some wierdness with my aircon. basta basta lang siya nagpapalamig even with the thermostat set way down. there have also been times where "smoke" comes out of the vents even with the aircon on(i'm guessing the "smoke" is just cooled air)

ano kaya problema?
    madumi lang yan bro... resulting in several results like:

a) smoking cooled air... its just that the evaporator is having a hard time doing its work. resulting in the smokes....

b) even with the thermostat set way down, the thermostat is probably too dirty to sense the correct temperature.

palinis mo lang muna bro. ang important nyan, walang kakaibang tunog, o hindi mainit ang lumalabas na hangin, dahil if they do, may component failure.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when was the last time you have it cleaned? dapat once a year palinis pag out of warranty na....ako every March before summer nagpapa cleaning...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Have your A/C cleaned.

It could be an inefficient evaporator or dehumidifier.... Did you notice that the air (smoke) released by the evaporator is more wet than the inside of the car?

5101:pcwhack:

"smoke" from aircon vents