New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Need to replace my leaking evaporator. a shop quoted me a malaysian brand "season air" (seasonair.com) for 2.1k and a thai brand "paco" (paco.co.th) for 1.9k. Both are serpentine types. my car is a civic 99 ek sir. anyone with experiences with this evap? appreciate the help

ps : the oem Denso is a bit too pricey for me, and based on some reviews here, aftermarket evaps will do just fine. thanks!

Sent from my cherry mobile omega hd using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    sa season air ka na kung makikita mo sila mas makinis ang alumminum ng season air... pero pareho lang sila depende na yan sa system mo kung maayos pa ang compressor mo and other parts....

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    thank you sir ;) ok lang ba cooling performance ng season air?

Sent from my H100 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    It is hard to simply recommend one brand based on where its manufactured.

But if that's all I have to go for I would go with the Thai-made ones.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    my sentra prefers the laminated over the serpentine model... cooler.. and my talyer says the thai models are gooder. hope this helps.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Always prefer the laminated ones. The serpentine type is not recommended for tropical weather. Although the civic came with serpentine, if there are available laminated coil go for it. more rows, better cooling.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    Always prefer the laminated ones. The serpentine type is not recommended for tropical weather. Although the civic came with serpentine, if there are available laminated coil go for it. more rows, better cooling.
    The serpentine type is normally used for more compact spaces because it forces the refrigerant through a longer pathway therefore maximizing heat transfer. If a larger condenser space is available, you can use parallel ported tubes to diffuse the gasses with a faster system flow rate.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Guys, have you tried Ever cool Radiators? I think it's made in the Philippines. i'm sure nakapagreasearch naman siguro sila what's best for our country since it is made here.

Anyone tried one? Naisip ko kasi medyo nakikita ko sila lately sa mga aftermarket shops at so far good feedback naman. gusto ko lang malaman take niyo dito bago ko papalitan ung sa civic 1997 ng dad ko.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aylaisabelle View Post
    Guys, have you tried Ever cool Radiators? I think it's made in the Philippines. i'm sure nakapagreasearch naman siguro sila what's best for our country since it is made here.

Anyone tried one? Naisip ko kasi medyo nakikita ko sila lately sa mga aftermarket shops at so far good feedback naman. gusto ko lang malaman take niyo dito bago ko papalitan ung sa civic 1997 ng dad ko.

Boy you're not subtle, are you?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO-V View Post
    The serpentine type is normally used for more compact spaces because it forces the refrigerant through a longer pathway therefore maximizing heat transfer. If a larger condenser space is available, you can use parallel ported tubes to diffuse the gasses with a faster system flow rate.
    IIRC, the local civics came with serpentine type by Sanden. Whereas the JDM ones came with laminated coil, more rows, better cooling. There was a popular mod before where they get the JDM coil and retrofit it to fit the local civic. The results were night and day.

Now if there are replacement laminated coils available for the EK, then that is definitely better. I mean for a thousand or two difference, the better cooling during hot days is priceless.

replacement evaporators -Malaysia vs. thailand brand