New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Regular Aircon Cleaning: To be or not to be? Post a Poll

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup. I prefer a yearly A/C for my vehicle.

10 34.48%
  • Nope. Just wait for it until it get busted.

19 65.52%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    7 years after my new sanden a/c system was installed in my lancer.
    a stuck up a/c aux. fan was found to be the problem kaya wala na lamig.
    mang mario did the a/c repair/servicing,super lamig na ulet.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    in older cars i think regular aircon cleaning is applicable

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i think with new cars na may pollen filter, mas matagal na ang cleaning sked

buti nalang may pollen filter and bimmer n outie

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yung 96 Sentra ko, last 2004 lang nakatikim ng linis ng evap. Grabe yung alikabok, dumi pati mga dahon. When it was cleaned, super grabe yung lamig.

I'll have the car aircon cleaned only when I feel it's not as cold as before.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    usually kapag ndi naman kayo madumi sa loob ng sasakyan kahit ndi gano yung evap
    pero dapat linisin yung condenser regularly kahit pressure washer at hangin.
    then check din yung drier kung malinaw pa or me bubbles na

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    isang payo din ni mang mario, panatiliin malinis at dust-free ang car mattings natin lalu sa gawi ng a/c fan blower dahil nakakahigop daw ng alikabok ito.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The AC system is a sealed system so ideally it isn't supposed to be cleaned. Of course over the years the parts and seals wear out and this is when AC performance decreases. Also remember that the AC lines (high and low) run in the engine bay and are subjected to heat even if they're insulated or not so that also is a factor to consider.

But for somebody to have his AC cleaned annually, that's just plain sales talk nothing more. Once you have your AC fixed and repaired and functioning properly it should last an easy 10 years. Of course when accidents happen and the AC parts get exposed to the atmosphere (front end collision is the most common) typically parts need to be replaced and the whole system cleaned of any residue, oils, moisture, etc. The dryer/dessicant has to be replaced, as well as the expansion valve since mura lang naman yon. Evaporators may cost more as do compressors and condensers but those typically don't wear out that quickly.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    with the kind of air here in manila, its better to have an a/c filter installed (pwede DIY). then just replace it when it gets clogged. its cheaper that way than having the a/c serviced every year.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    with the kind of air here in manila, its better to have an a/c filter installed (pwede DIY). then just replace it when it gets clogged. its cheaper that way than having the a/c serviced every year.
    sir paano gawin yan?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    i have both of my cars' a/c cleaned annually since 1 is very old and the other turning 3 yrs. dati kasi with the old car, when i begin to experience problems with the a/c eh dun lang ako nagpapalinis (in a span of 2-3 yrs), lagi nagkakaleak yung cooling coil so lagi palit (mga 3x na ko nagpalit), so i started the habit of having it cleaned annually, so far so good naman. anyway i'm not sure kung may benefits tong ginagawa ko kasi cleaning costs around 2-3k so i try to budget na lang.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Regular Aircon Cleaning: To be or not to be?