New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    naku! dapat nag basa muna ako dito... I just poured one of these powdered stuff into my rad kasi may leak. Pero it stopped the leak naman, but I'm now worried that it might clog-up the small water passages or damage the pump... wag naman sana...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Pang emergency lang ito. Halimbawa nasa malayong lugar at walang nagrerepair ng radiator puede gamitin ito. Pagkatapos nito ipaoverhaul agad ang radiator. at palit coolant water.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ask ko lang if may nakagamit na sa inyo ng alumaseal radiator stop leak? may leak yung rear plate ng cylinder block ko eh in between the engine block and transmission... option ko is to drop down the transmission to have the plate replaced, or use this stop leak product? any insights? magkakaproblem ba transmission ko non pag binaba, automatic yung akin eh?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Used the powdered aluminum radiator leak-stopper around 2005 on my Honda Steed 400 VLX bike. It stopped the leak... most of the time. By most of the time, I mean it won't leak for several months and then one night, I can see a few drops of coolant underneath. Just topped it up again the next morning and it won't leak again for several months.

I went with this approach because the radiator is already unrepairable (as advised by half a dozen radiator repair shops I showed it to), and a new one would still need to be ordered abroad.

5 years later, the bike still runs great. I still see a few drops of coolant every few months but that's it.

Now, I'm not saying it will work for everyone. And I would never think of using it in my car. But it obviously worked on my bike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
radiator stop leak