New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    guy,
    i have a 1997 Toyota Lite Ace

Dati, nauubos ang water ng radiator. so i just keep on putting water everytime i use it. pero recently, masyado mabilis mawalan ng water. at napansin ko na water is being spilled from the reservior when i stop the engine. water isn't thrown out when the engine is running.

3 days ago, i had my radiator changed. ngayon kulay black na yung radiator. pero water is still being spilled out from the reserviour everytime i stop the engine. so after 3 days, medyo tumataas na yung temp. kasi medyo madami na ang tinatapon na water.

ano kaya ang problem?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi kaya malapit na mag-stuck up ang thermostat mo or mahina na ang pihit ng water pump mo?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    sir,
    wala na po yung thermostat ko. tinanggal na dati pa.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala na palang thermostat yan, probable cause of water pump failure. May leak na ba sa ilalim nung pump?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    sir,
    wala naman po akong napapansin na leak. pero ganun po ba ang symptoms ng water pump failure - yung nagtatapon lang kapag patay ang makina?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I have the same problem before, I found out that AUX FAN is not working!

You can check AUX FAN !!!
    1. Disconnect the wire from Engine Coolant Sensor ( located in thermostat housing).
    2. Switch the key ON.
    3. Now, look at the Fan if turning.

Hope this will help you!!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    sir igobaby,
    wala po akong AUX fan sa liteace.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    bistro,

try to check Fan belts, maybe it's slipping or not on proper tension. Or, needs some Cooling system cleaning.

igorbaby

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i will check that. kakainis talaga kapag hindi mo mahanap ang prob. hehehe. thank you sir igorbaby.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    water pump malamang, baka corroded na yung shaft key kaya free-wheeling na yung impeller sa shaft, or even a worn impeller. replace na yan palagay ko.

bad practice yung tinatanggal ang thermostat, mekanikong palpak lang gumagawa nun. REMOVING THE THERMOSTAT EFFECTIVELY REDUCES THE COOLING CAPACITY OF THE COOLING SYSTEM BY 50% SINCE THE COOLANT FLOW IS DIVIDED INTO BY-PASS AND RADIATOR AT ALL TIMES, EVEN WHEN THE ENGINE ALREADY NEEDS 100% COOLING CAPACITY. kung gusto mo na sure meron water flow lagi, kuha ka ng old thermostat, heat the temperature sensing bulb so that the valve will open and then weld it permanently in the full open position. installing this in the engine will block the by-pass and flow 100% of the coolant to the radiator. you will however experience longer engine warm-up time since the thermostat is now permanently open.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
radiator reservior throws water out