New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    for the most part, water loss can be attibuted to the waterpump only if the pump is leaking. kung walang leak galing dun then your pump should be ok since it is a machanical device lang naman na sabay umikot sa belt/chain ng kotse.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    guys tanong ko na din since related din naman sa radiator, coolant expires in 2 yrs, right? ano yun, 2 yrs from the day you open the container and use it in your radiator or 2 yrs from the day of production? naisip ko lang din na sympre may mga old stock na nabibili from shops

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    does it expire ba? never noticed a best by date sa mga coolants namin...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ay sorry, wrong term. siguro i'm referring to its life span. may nabasa kasi ako dati thread dito about dexcool coolant ata yun, pwede daw 5 yrs w/o replacing unlike ordinary coolant na 2 yrs.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Sa 50/50 mixture ng coolant at tubig, maganda daw panghalo sa coolant ay distilled water. Puwede bang ihalo yung distilled water na panghalo sa Battery at yung Wilkins na pang-inom?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, you can put Wilkins in your car... distilled water is distilled water. But the packaging of Distilled Water for batteries isn't food-grade hygenic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Sa akin naman nababawasan yung tubig sa radiator pero doon sa reservior puno naman. ano kaya ang problema.. using only Distilled water!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ganon din sa akin, nababawasan ako ng tubig pero puno ang reservoir, pero di ako nag ooverheat.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    We used to lose water in the radiator after 30 or so km's before on our lancer.

That's with a new evercool radiator and radiator cap(0.9)

Then one day, the water loss on the radiator increased and would tend to overheat the engine within 10km's.

I noticed some water stains on the upper hose of the radiator. I found out the clamp on the upper hose isnt holding that much, that is where vapor and water is coming out when the system is on high pressure.

Replaced the clamp and tightened everything. Worked like a charm.

So guys, before spending much on pumps and radiator, check your clamps, hose and fittings for leaks. Or better yet, replace every hose in the cooling system if you suspect and leaks.

**Water level in the reservoir is reduced when we had a defective rad-cap
    water level in the radiator decreased when we had a faulty upper hose clamp.(upper hose yung daanan ng tubig na galing sa engine afaik)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dabsky View Post
    Sa 50/50 mixture ng coolant at tubig, maganda daw panghalo sa coolant ay distilled water. Puwede bang ihalo yung distilled water na panghalo sa Battery at yung Wilkins na pang-inom?
    No. Do not use the water for battery that you see na for sale sa battery shop for your radiator. Kahit water lang yun may halo pa rin acid though hindi ganun katapang. Found out once when I need to wash my hands and all that is available is the "distilled" water that I bought from a battery shop.
    Teka OT na tayo, anu ba yun topic? :P

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Radiator Losing Water [Merged]