New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Mga ka tsikot may I ask how often you change water (coolant)in your radiator?TIA

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    If you use the long life coolants provided by your vehicles manufacturers its normally 100,000 KM or 3-5 years.

If you're using off the shelf items, anticipate every 1-2 years in between changes.

Lifetime coolants on the other hand should be well, for life.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cardict View Post
    Mga ka tsikot may I ask how often you change water (coolant)in your radiator?TIA

In Toyota, they recommend change coolant fluids every 40k.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO-V View Post
    If you use the long life coolants provided by your vehicles manufacturers its normally 100,000 KM or 3-5 years.

If you're using off the shelf items, anticipate every 1-2 years in between changes.

Lifetime coolants on the other hand should be well, for life.
    Copy sir:thanx:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    In Toyota, they recommend change coolant fluids every 40k.
    That's strange. The Toyota long life coolants have an effective life of about 180,000 km from stock.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    40,000kms or 16 months. Whichever comes first, according to the literature on the bottle.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by EVO-V View Post
    That's strange. The Toyota long life coolants have an effective life of about 180,000 km from stock.
    I'm still using the stock toyota long life coolant. During my last pms sa casa, I saw the mechanic topping off the reservoir with tap water from half level, tanong ko lang sir kung kelangan na palitan yung coolant kasi compromised na sya.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by decktu View Post
    I'm still using the stock toyota long life coolant. During my last pms sa casa, I saw the mechanic topping off the reservoir with tap water from half level, tanong ko lang sir kung kelangan na palitan yung coolant kasi compromised na sya.
    Those coolants are water soluble. May tolerate a bit of dilution especially if the water component has evaporated.

The quality of the water is more critical when topping off. But tap generally should be fine.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by decktu View Post
    PMS sa casa tapos tap water ang nilagay? san yan? anong dealer?

Sa TMBC they top it up with the long life coolant pa din.