New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Greetings,

I was wondering if someone can post the procedures done when cleaning an aircon system?

I've read and heard so many different things from people.

Some people pull down the condenser, some others just pull down the evaporator, so I'd say it's ideal to do both?

Is flushing also a common procedure of aircon cleaning?

Also, is it necessary to replace the receiver drier and expansion valves during regular cleaning? How long do they typically last? Are there major harmful effects if I choose not to replace a 2 year old drier and expansion valve?

Can you guys also post the cost/s of the cleaning?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    Greetings,

I was wondering if someone can post the procedures done when cleaning an aircon system?

I've read and heard so many different things from people.

Some people pull down the condenser, some others just pull down the evaporator, so I'd say it's ideal to do both?

Is flushing also a common procedure of aircon cleaning?

Also, is it necessary to replace the receiver drier and expansion valves during regular cleaning? How long do they typically last? Are there major harmful effects if I choose not to replace a 2 year old drier and expansion valve?

Can you guys also post the cost/s of the cleaning?

Thanks!

kotiko,
    the receiver/drier is an expendable part just like the sanitary napkin, it has to be replaced kung basa na. the expansion valve is a might as well (MAW) part to be replaced since the system is open already and the likelihood for it to get stuck is about 60%. the evaporator can be flushed on board and so is the condenser. it can be flushed with R11 to make sure there are no metallic shavings left behind from the possible damaged compressor or foreign object that might have found their way into the system from the repair or service process
    jick

Procedures of Aircon cleaning, replacing drier and expansion valve