New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I had this bad encounter lately. I had my AC compressor replaced w/ a pajero or dual AC cmpressor type a month ago. After two days, start na magloko engine ko. Namamatay engine ko pag matagl na gamit AC while on the road. I checked it with casa, servo is ok naman daw. I went to banawe din, ginawan nila bago AC wiring dahil wala daw line sa servo ko. OK sya for 4days tapos balik ulit prob ko kanina. Ano pa kaya pwede ko ipa-check para maayos na? I just wonder kc pag wala AC lakas ng hatak. M having thought baka dahil sa pang pajero AC compressor nakalagay sa sedan ko kaya ganun. pls help me solve this prob. Tnx a lot!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First of all, A/C compressor for Pajero has a pump for its vacuum assist brake system. It has a heavier load than your common car a/c compressor because of the aforementioned vacuum. pump. The best you can do is to remove the pump (it is at the back of the compressor). It may lessen the load on your engine, hopefully.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    correct me if i'm wrong AFAIK vacuum assist pump for hydro-vac brake boost system is located on the back of the alternator and not on the A/C compressor...this is standard for most cars especially the heavy ones.. but for light cars they don't have a vacuum pump, they get their vacuum assist from engine intake manifold (near cylinder #1 or #4)

possible that the compressor is too large for the engine..

also its possible that the compressor is not a problem at all...i've read a thread regarding idling problem.. they first suspect is the repair made on the power window and car stereo.. but they found out later that the IACV is the cause of the problem and just needs cleaning..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most Pajeros use run of the mill Denso compressors. The same one also used in cars and other light vehicles.

Maybe may problem talaga yung compressor or yung pagkakagawa and not just because it came from a Pajero.

I've had a Lancer compressor fitted to a Vitara. La naman problem. The working principles are the same. Kinuha lang namin pulley and bracket from the old Vitara compressor para swak ang fit.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong AFAIK vacuum assist pump for hydro-vac brake boost system is located on the back of the alternator and not on the A/C compressor...this is standard for most cars especially the heavy ones.. but for light cars they don't have a vacuum pump, they get their vacuum assist from engine intake manifold (near cylinder #1 or #4)

possible that the compressor is too large for the engine..

also its possible that the compressor is not a problem at all...i've read a thread regarding idling problem.. they first suspect is the repair made on the power window and car stereo.. but they found out later that the IACV is the cause of the problem and just needs cleaning..

I stand corrected, it's in the alternator. Must be the coffee...

Pajero AC Compressor to Sedan...Is this compatible?