New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Tanong ko lang mga gurus... I have seen oil in my radiator last month. my ride is hilander '00, and pinagawa ko na, top overhaul, pinalitan ng cylinder head gasket,,, but note that hindi naman nag ooverheat ang radiator ko...then nawala naman pagkapalit,, then after a month again i notice oil in my radiator... is there anyone who had encounter this same problem... sabi dun sa kotse.com with similar problem is the "oil cooler" daw.... ung pinagkakabitan ng oil filter....

need your opinion mga sir...
    TIA.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yep tama ang diagnosis. it may be the oil cooler of the engine.

but when nag top overhaul did the mechanics notice what part of the head gasket was blown? was there a possibility that it was the head gasket in the first place?

before changing the oil cooler, first put in a radiator flush to clean out all the oil residue in the cooling system. change the water and observe. if it still comes back, then the culprit is the oil cooler, if the top overhaul was done properly. also have your head retightened or retorqued. BTW what head gasket brand did you use? Federal Mogul? or Orig Isuzu?

pwede rin hindi maayos pagkagawa nung top overhaul and oil leaking from the cyl head

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    dumb question perhaps...

how would you describe this symptom? does the water itself changes color?

i've been seeing some hazy patterns when i open my radiator cap kase, konte lang naman. when i dip my finger in it, d naman madulas or what. i was wondering if its just powdered rust or oil pero it looks more like oil to me..hehe. no signs of overheating as well...might have the oil cooler checked na nga ren.
    Last edited by BeetOls; January 11th, 2006 at 06:27 PM.

pag malamig yung radiator, open the cap and use your finger and hook the underside of the top part of the radiator pag matagal ng humahalo yung langis may build up ka na dun na makukuha.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    ok! thanks garyq for the tip! =)

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ARB
    yep tama ang diagnosis. it may be the oil cooler of the engine.

but when nag top overhaul did the mechanics notice what part of the head gasket was blown? was there a possibility that it was the head gasket in the first place?

before changing the oil cooler, first put in a radiator flush to clean out all the oil residue in the cooling system. change the water and observe. if it still comes back, then the culprit is the oil cooler, if the top overhaul was done properly. also have your head retightened or retorqued. BTW what head gasket brand did you use? Federal Mogul? or Orig Isuzu?

still in observation ko pa rin.. always ko drain water in radiator pero talagang bumabalik ung oil... i used the original head gasket of isuzu when it was top overhaul... sabi nga nung mekaniko ng inoverhaul the ring on water was the culprit.. kya talagang gasket daw...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq
    pag malamig yung radiator, open the cap and use your finger and hook the underside of the top part of the radiator pag matagal ng humahalo yung langis may build up ka na dun na makukuha.

yep this has happened to me.. may build up na ng oil sa taas ng radiator, en when tinatangal ko ang pressure cap, i always see an oil na nakakapit na dun...

and unti unti din nababawas ang oil sa engine ko...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Sir i have the same problem with my radiator.medyo luma n ung car and at first akala ko mawawala din un per oafter kong i drain ung tubig sa radiator ko meron nnmn ulit syang oil substance. Sabi ng kakibigan ko baka daw sa cylinder block un..is it possible?

Oil in Radiator