New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi mga fellow tsikot members.

Just want to ask kung normal ba magbawas ang coolant reservoir ng water around half glass or maybe 100 ml in

a month. My ride is isuzu crosswind just replaced with new radiator. My friend says dapat hindi nagbabawas ng ganung

karaming tubig in a month. What do you think? ano kaya problem checked hoses wala naman akong nakitang leak.

thank you

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    Hi mga fellow tsikot members.

Just want to ask kung normal ba magbawas ang coolant reservoir ng water around half glass or maybe 100 ml in

a month. My ride is isuzu crosswind just replaced with new radiator. My friend says dapat hindi nagbabawas ng ganung

karaming tubig in a month. What do you think? ano kaya problem checked hoses wala naman akong nakitang leak.

thank you

it is not normal for 100cc fluid loss in a month. if you have not found the leak, it maybe that your cooling system needed to be bled of air pockets just like bleeding the brake system. the other possibility is that your radiator cap might not hold pressure under load or the pressure gasket is not sealing liquid tight. the radiator cap leak usually does not leave a trace of spilled coolant since the air flow from the ram air or the radiator fan accelerates its evaporation. you can add a leak detection dye mixed with the antifreeze to show forensics the evidence of the leak

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    First question is: Gaano mo ba kadalas gamitin ang sasakyan mo?
    Second: Gaano katagal?
    Third: Usually gaano kalalayo?
    Lastly: Usually mga ano oras?

This are the important questions should be considered..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I used it everyday. avg. of 20km or around 2hrs travel time. on weekdays when I go to work in the morning and go

home at night. on weekends iba iba oras. around 500 to 550 km a month.

hi Jick,

paano bleed cooling system? possible ba kulang lang sa coolant. I just put 1 lit Prestone concentrated coolant.

Worry ko kasi on Xmas vacation I might go out of town, you know ibang story pag long distance high rev and long
    travel time baka biglang magkaroon ng major leak. I looked everywhere wala akong makitang leak maybe because

very minimal kaya hindi makita.

Thank you

th

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    to bleed: simply remove cap then start engine and let it warm-up up to operating temp. upon reaching operating temperature, you may race the engine several times. some people do it on a slightly sloping ground with the front of the car on a higher elevation.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hindi normal nga kung nagbabawas ng ganun kadami, yun nga pwedeng possible cause kung walang mga leak, yung radiator cap

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    I used it everyday. avg. of 20km or around 2hrs travel time. on weekdays when I go to work in the morning and go

home at night. on weekends iba iba oras. around 500 to 550 km a month.

hi Jick,

paano bleed cooling system? possible ba kulang lang sa coolant. I just put 1 lit Prestone concentrated coolant.

Worry ko kasi on Xmas vacation I might go out of town, you know ibang story pag long distance high rev and long
    travel time baka biglang magkaroon ng major leak. I looked everywhere wala akong makitang leak maybe because

very minimal kaya hindi makita.

Thank you

th

the bleeder screw is usually adjacent to or at the thermostat housing. some cars use the same brake bleeder screw for coolant bleeder. nissans use a short 5mm screw (10 mm head) and has a gold in color tag telling you it is the bleeder. on isuzu, look for the highest part where the antifreeze will pass through. if your radiator does not have a pressure cap but instead on the recovery bottle, it is a closed loop system and bleeds itself

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Ok Thank you. Bleed ko and then observe again.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check also your radiator cap if its fitting properly with the new radiator.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Yung radiator cap medyo mahigpit. I mean maybe because the radiator is new. I'll buy a new radiator cap so I'll

see kung ito nga.

thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Is this normal? Nagbabawas water sa coolant reservoir