New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    This is only a myth about not turning on the air conditioner at highway speeds. Kung totoo kasi ito hindi ka na puwedeng magbukas ng a/c sa highway. And we know that isn't true. Otherwise, lahat ng makita natin sa highway pinagpapawisan na dahil walang a/c. The timing was pure coincidence lang. Marahil talagang may problema na ang compressor beforehand. They are right, the compressor was designed and engineered to handle those high RPMs.

I will advice to bring your car to competent a/c repair shop.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako pag hahataw, as in yung tipong laro-laro mode pinapatay ko aircon. pero pag cruising even at high-speed naka bukas aircon ko. hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di kaya reconditioned ang nabili niya na compressor? Pag di ka sany tumingin di mo mapapansin yun recon sa brand new.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Ewan ko kung saan niyo nakukuha yan, sa owner's manual ng sasakyan ko it is recommended to use the A/C mostly during high speed drives to take advantage of the added cooling effect on the condenser.

As what others have said, find a different mechanic or take it to a reputable shop. Have the A/C electrical sensors and switches checked, it's possible something was not done right. At high speed your A/C should be cooler because your compressor is spinning faster and thereby giving more cooled air.

I have no problems on mine even all the way up to 160kph. It's also the original on my car, and my car was made in 1983.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    'Computerized' car models have automatic controls to disengage the compressor in excessively high or low A/c system pressure. The compressor is also automatically disengaged during 'wide open throttle' or when the car really needs power e.g. when accelerating heavily, going uphill, etc.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    another car myth by the neighborhood mechanics....kasama na sa design ang A/C compressor during high speed...

pure bs.. i drive my maxima high speed no aircon issue..lumalamig pa nga lalo,e..

may prob ac system mo. your pressure switches are at wotk!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Ewan ko kung saan niyo nakukuha yan, sa owner's manual ng sasakyan ko it is recommended to use the A/C mostly during high speed drives to take advantage of the added cooling effect on the condenser.

As what others have said, find a different mechanic or take it to a reputable shop. Have the A/C electrical sensors and switches checked, it's possible something was not done right. At high speed your A/C should be cooler because your compressor is spinning faster and thereby giving more cooled air.

I have no problems on mine even all the way up to 160kph. It's also the original on my car, and my car was made in 1983.

+1 on that Pat... :D

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Ok...the car is parked at my dad's farm house....anyway, I happened to use it 3 days ago for a long drive. The sliding thermostat was adjusted to the fullest end and after a 1 1/2 hour high-speed drive di na lumamig aircon and when I felt the evaporator its icy cold.

On the way back, I adjusted the thermostat level to halfway and after another 1 1/2 hour drive, the aircon still works fine (i.e. malamig pa rin).

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    It’s just a matter of preference, you can switch the compressor off or on and yes, it can and it’s designed to withstand at high speeds/ RPMs no issues about that but the question is how long it could last? dun magkakatalo yan, say how many years before the compressor will give up or needs to be overhaul / replaced.

Also the climate of the place it’s being used. humid countries like ours where a/c is always a need at any time of the day kaya mas maikli life span ng compressors dito. not to mention pati battery dito sa 'tin mabilis bumigay sa init ng panahon….it’s a major factor IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
No use of aircon at high speeds, why?