New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi Non-Vtec...right now im having second thoughts if its really the alternator...sabi kasi casa tensioner eh mukang hindi naman pala yun tapos ngayon alternator daw so parang process of elimination ang diskarte nila eh... and friends are saying that it might be the compressor....ang napansin ko lang may sound pa rin maski naka off aircon pero lumalakas siya pag naka on aircon...can we rule out the compressor kasi may sound pa rin even if naka off aircon? and your right may sound lang kapag na D mode. My dilemma is kung palitan ko yung alternator tapos nandun pa rin yung sound eh di sayang lang 14K ko di ba? Haay hirap...anyway il update this thread sa developments.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    its really hard to pinpoint where the noise is coming from. if its an alternator bearing, the noise would be consistent. my intelligent guess is that its the tensioner bearing inside the engine.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Guys finally solved the problem...it was not the aircon compressor as diagnosed by Ceejays..nor was it the alternator according to Nissan Westgate and another electronics shop i consulted...the culprit? the belt...and now i can say that i belong to the growing list customers who can attest to the professionalism and expertise of Speedyfix...Kudos to Migs and their main man Reynante...Grabe ang tiyaga nila inisa isa talaga...came all the way from Las Pinas but its well worth the trip...Lesson learned - don't trust the CASA...Nissan Wesgate that is....I still love Ceejays and it was just too bad that Joel was not around when i brought the car for diagnosis...what was different was that the sound was not the typical squeeking belt sound...and the belt that Westgate installed during my 35K PMS was a cheap P613.00...Reynante insisted to use the "Bando" brand of belt...Non-Vtec try replacing your belt with "Bando"...sobrang tahimik takbo ngayon..now i can sleep well tonight..thanks Tsikot and specially to Speedyfix....sa inyo na ako mag papa 40K PMS... case closed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
nissan x-trail compressor nga ba?