New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    hi guys.. just aquired a grandeur recently.. i noticed that when i switch the A/C on "Auto", setting is at 18 C.. well a/c is very cool inside the car but when you go out and stand near the front door of both sides.. you can feel some hot air comming out underneath the car... parang blower na hot air and lumalabas.. ano kaya ang problema?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by danieyoyo View Post
    hi guys.. just aquired a grandeur recently.. i noticed that when i switch the A/C on "Auto", setting is at 18 C.. well a/c is very cool inside the car but when you go out and stand near the front door of both sides.. you can feel some hot air comming out underneath the car... parang blower na hot air and lumalabas.. ano kaya ang problema?

danieyoyo,
    what's the problem? the car's airconditioning is only designed to cool or warm the inside the passenger compartment. it was not designed to cool the earth. it sounds normal
    jick

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    danieyoyo,
    what's the problem? the car's airconditioning is only designed to cool or warm the inside the passenger compartment. it was not designed to cool the earth. it sounds normal
    jick

yes i know naman that sir, but im just bothered sa hot air that comes for underneath the car everythime i turned on the a/c to auto.

another thing...since digital ang pag set ng temp. napansin ko na kapag 18 lang na setting lumalamig yung buga ng hangin sa loob... when i set it up to 19 mainit na yung buga na parang heater na ang gumagana

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    yes i know naman that sir, but im just bothered sa hot air that comes for underneath the car everythime i turned on the a/c to auto.

another thing...since digital ang pag set ng temp. napansin ko na kapag 18 lang na setting lumalamig yung buga ng hangin sa loob... when i set it up to 19 mainit na yung buga na parang heater na ang gumagana

danieyoyo,
    now, that's almost a clearer description of what you are experiencing. there could be something wrong with your control head. it might be opening the air blend door to heat. try resetting the system by disconnecting the battery for about ten minutes and reconnect. the a/c button usually flashes with the system on if it has detected a problem

jick

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    danieyoyo,
    now, that's almost a clearer description of what you are experiencing. there could be something wrong with your control head. it might be opening the air blend door to heat. try resetting the system by disconnecting the battery for about ten minutes and reconnect. the a/c button usually flashes with the system on if it has detected a problem

jick

thanks for the reply, medyo new lang ako sa pag gamit ng ganito auto kaya nahihirapan ako sa controls. wala ba bad effect yung sa pag disconnect sa battery?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    thanks for the reply, medyo new lang ako sa pag gamit ng ganito auto kaya nahihirapan ako sa controls. wala ba bad effect yung sa pag disconnect sa battery?

danieyoyo,
    there is a specific procedure for checking for diagnostic trouble codes for your climate control. at this time, what i recommended to you to disconnect the battery is to try to reset should there have been a malfunction detected by the control unit. as far as "bad effect" disconnecting your battery, is limited to resetting your clock, electronic tuned radio (etr) and maybe some diagnostic trouble codes recorded in your powertrain control module. other than that, it is similar to disconnecting your battery for replacement
    jick

it happened before sa van ng friend ko, di gaano nalamig yung aircon, yun pala yung vent ng heater nakabuka kaya halo yung lamig at init. What they did is disconnect the heater hoses, problem solved we don't need it anyway.

nissan grandeur a/c problem