New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    patulong mga peeps baka may idea kayo kung ano problema ng kia carnival ko.
    pag start malamig ang aircon pero after a few minutes hindi na gumagana ang compressor. variable ang tinatagal, kung minsan 20, kung minsan halos isang oras bago mawala yung lamig. suspect ng technician yung relay kasi pag nirekta yung compressor gumagana naman at saka pag namatayan ng aircon, pag tinanggal yung relay tsaka ibalik after a few minutes gumagana ulit. kakarga lang din ng refrigerant.

thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    could be the relay nga.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    [SIZE=3]Better bring your van to a trusted technician/shop before other parts would be affected. And it would be costly.[/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by victorlachica View Post
    [SIZE=3]Better bring your van to a trusted technician/shop before other parts would be affected. And it would be costly.[/SIZE]
    I second the motion... Not to mention the loss of cool air which makes the passengers uncomfortable when the problem strikes...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by victorlachica View Post
    I second the motion... Not to mention the loss of cool air which makes the passengers uncomfortable when the problem strikes...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    thanks for the replies guys. yesterday i had the contact points cleaned with contact cleaner spray and so far the aircon is working well again

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Check maybe the line is freezing. Then when you off your a/c for a few minutes then on it again if its cool again then better check you thermostat. Its not functioning. The compressor is keep on running without tripping then the line starting to freeze and lose the coolness.

nawawala ang lamig after a few kilometers