New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    check the freeze plugs on the engine block, they tend to corrode overtime and causes coolant leaks
    sir, will a regular auto repair shop suffice to do the necessary replacement of corroded freeze/core plugs? or does one need to avail the services of shops specializing specifically in engine repair? thank you.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mga sirs, any recommended shops for surplus or brand new part for civic lxi 97 thermostat housing may leak na kasi... at price na rin thanks

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by polyg View Post
    mga sirs, any recommended shops for surplus or brand new part for civic lxi 97 thermostat housing may leak na kasi... at price na rin thanks

If I'm not mistaken nasa 800-1000 ung surplus. Di ko lang matandaan yung exact kasi dalawang parts yung binili namin that time. Pero ang sure, sa may Imus meron thermostat housing. Yung surplusan sa tapat ng dating MWSS. Ang layo mo nga lang..

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Aljas View Post
    sir, will a regular auto repair shop suffice to do the necessary replacement of corroded freeze/core plugs? or does one need to avail the services of shops specializing specifically in engine repair? thank you.
    depende lang sa location ng freeze plug, replacing ay sobrang easy lang, i punch mo lang ng screw driver yung gilid and lalabas na yung other side at kaya mo ng tangggalin ng plier.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tonzi View Post
    sir eto din yung napapansin ko merong white smoke na lumalabas sa exhaust pipe ko. anu ba need ipagawa or ipaayos?

salamat sa mga inputs mga sir.
    White smoke sa exhaust could mean that radiator coolant is entering your engine. Kung gusto mo quick fix try mo chemweld or any other radiator sealing fluid (usually works sa maliliit na leaks).

Another test to see if meron ng leak sa engine e remove your radiator cap and have someone start the car. Pag me bula (small bubbles) or talagang kumukulo yung radiator coolant sure na me crack ka sa engine. At that point you need to have the engine overhauled and probably replace the cracked head, clean cylinders (possibly replace rings etc.)

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    White smoke sa exhaust could mean that radiator coolant is entering your engine. Kung gusto mo quick fix try mo chemweld or any other radiator sealing fluid (usually works sa maliliit na leaks).

Another test to see if meron ng leak sa engine e remove your radiator cap and have someone start the car. Pag me bula (small bubbles) or talagang kumukulo yung radiator coolant sure na me crack ka sa engine. At that point you need to have the engine overhauled and probably replace the cracked head, clean cylinders (possibly replace rings etc.)
    kung may small bubbles lng po and hindi naman ngooverheat , small bubble pero hindi yung parang kumukulo talaga..ano kaya problema nun?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
nauubos yung tubig sa radiator