New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rusem View Post
    lower thermostat settings means cooler diba? the cooler the setting the more often and longer the compressor is engaged right? to support your cooler air requirement sa interior ng car mo. therfore hindi ka makakatipid dito. it's better you set your thermostat to higher temp then increase fan speed. cut in, cut off cycle of the compressor will be lessen. therefore lesser load sa engine thus the savings. though minimal savings pa rin.
    I mean sa low thermostat settings ay yung hindi nakasagad sa "COLD". Half-way part lang halos bago umabot doon sorry, hindi ko alam ang tamang term kasi. Pero kapag tolerable naman ang init, tiyaga nalang na walang aircon kapag pauwi hehe (papunta kailangan naka-aircon para hindi dugyot sa opisina).

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    sa akin lagi ko lang lagay sa 50% . napansin ko click siya ng click. i mean

pagmalamig na shut off compressor pero very frequent like every 20 to 30 seconds.

d ba masisira yung compressor pag on and off in a very short interval? sometimes nga 10 seconds.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Makakatipid ng konti kasi the compressor needs some engine power while doing the "compressing".

Sa Avanza, I set the thermostat at the first click mula sa OFF position. fan speed set at 2. Comfortable na ako sa lamig.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    parang ganito rin yan.

try mong ibaba ng ibaba ang setting ng thermostat hanggang sa mag-off, then mag-off ang compressor,

di ba pag naka-off ang compressor or wala kang aircon nakakatipid sa gasoline hehehe.

logic.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    on some cars (like my civic 98 and crv 98) it doesn't matter.

what matters is kung on or off yung aircon. the temperature setting does not matter. the level only controls how much hot air from the engine is mixed with the cold air from the evaporator in order to set how hot/cold the cabin temperature will be. the time the aircon compressor is turned on/off is still constant regardless of the temperature setting.

i just set it kung saan ako comfortable.

got this info from the experts at another forum (specific for my car) and from mang mario himself.

on other cars, hindi ko alam

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    on some cars (like my civic 98 and crv 98) it doesn't matter.

what matters is kung on or off yung aircon. the temperature setting does not matter. the level only controls how much hot air from the engine is mixed with the cold air from the evaporator in order to set how hot/cold the cabin temperature will be. the time the aircon compressor is turned on/off is still constant regardless of the temperature setting.

i just set it kung saan ako comfortable.

got this info from the experts at another forum (specific for my car) and from mang mario himself.

on other cars, hindi ko alam
    Tama ka, ang mga honda ay may heater core at ito ang nagcocontrol sa outlet air temperature. Naka set na yung thermostat setting nito. Kapag inadjust mo yung lever or knob ng temperature control, ang damper ng heater ay unti unti binubuksan or sinasarado. Kapag medyo nakabukas ang damper ay dagdag heat load sa aircon, kaya medyo matagal siya mag-automatic off ang compressor pero halos di mo mapansin. Mainam ang design na ganito sa malalamig na lugar or country.

Kapag walang heater naman, adjustable ang thermostat para macontrol ang outlet air temperature.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Makakatipid ng konti kasi the compressor needs some engine power while doing the "compressing".

Sa Avanza, I set the thermostat at the first click mula sa OFF position. fan speed set at 2. Comfortable na ako sa lamig.
    Same with our vios.. Practice ko rin 'to.. Kaso sa akin pag nag-click na, binabalik ko slightly hanggang sa 1/4..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Low thermostat settings, nakakatipid ba?