New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    By the way mga sir, ilang liters of coolant po ba normally ang nilalagay nyo after maoverhaul ang rad?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    sir you have a '92 Honda, so I assume na wala pang ECU or computer box yang car mo, carburetor type.
    I suggest of removing the thermostat, with this kasi the coolant mix are always circulating and the temp is somewhat constant, unless you have other problem
    for the coolant, if you've tight budget use wilkins distilled water mas mura kesa sa mga coolant sa market

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by allanb View Post
    sir you have a '92 Honda, so I assume na wala pang ECU or computer box yang car mo, carburetor type.
    I suggest of removing the thermostat, with this kasi the coolant mix are always circulating and the temp is somewhat constant, unless you have other problem
    for the coolant, if you've tight budget use wilkins distilled water mas mura kesa sa mga coolant sa market
    Yes sir, carb type po. Hmmmm, from the threads Ive read...removing the thermostat is big no no, right? Pag inalis yun, medyo tataas daw ang FC, aside from that kelangan irekta na ang fan so hinde na marereach ng engine ang required temp nya...and in the long run, it will create bigger problems di po ba?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    Yes sir, carb type po. Hmmmm, from the threads Ive read...removing the thermostat is big no no, right? Pag inalis yun, medyo tataas daw ang FC, aside from that kelangan irekta na ang fan so hinde na marereach ng engine ang required temp nya...and in the long run, it will create bigger problems di po ba?
    Yes, do not remove the thermostat. Have it checked and replaced if necessary.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidBurn View Post
    By the way mga sir, ilang liters of coolant po ba normally ang nilalagay nyo after maoverhaul ang rad?
    more or less, around 1.5 liters. mixture.
    dont remove the thermostat. i've had my car's thermostat removed. hindi maganda ang takbo.... ang lakas pa sa gas.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Kopya sirs Monte and 1D4LV. Thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when the radiator is overhauled, practically all the coolant is drained ... you will need 4-6 liters (depends on engine size) to replenish ... the coolant volume is usually stated on owner's manual

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12