New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Yup. I'm so glad we tried the dialysis aircon cleaning option. Walang baklas. Done in one hour. 6-year-old Vios' orig AC system (filter from day 1) now cools better than new Only possible if there are no leaks in the first place. Kung may leak no choice but to have a tech rip your dashboard out.
    Care to share kung saan location ng shop for this option bro? Humina na rin lamig ng 1st gen mazda 3 ko. Subukan ko muna i-diy palit ng cabin filter next month pag may time then pa diagnose ko kung ganun pa rin.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mina_nuka View Post
    Agree. The more you mess with the car, the more it gets messed up
    To some extent, yes. But sometimes a breakdown demands attention and if you choose the wrong shop/technician, then the problem and expense get really worse. I have been lucky with car aircons. Owned several cars without having to service their AC systems up to the day I sold them. On average ~10 years or so. Aside from the usual cleaning/replacement of the cabin filters, the most I've done is change the magnetic clutches - which is, after all, a wear and tear component. I didn't even have to have them cleaned or topped up with Freon. Having said that, I'll just put out the disclaimer that I never use the aircon's temperature and fan speed on their maximum settings. I also never use cabin air fresheners.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mina_nuka View Post
    Agree. The more you mess with the car, the more it gets messed up
    not always.
    you mess up the car if "you don't know what you're doing."
    there are still intelligent and systematic car tinkerers out there.

as one proud car tinkerer said, "i'm not messing with the car. i'm trouble-shooting it".

but if you honestly think that you're messing with the car, then you're probably right!
    heh heh.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    MGA sir ask ko lang pina check ko yung ac ng sentra ko, sabi sa talyer compressor daw sira kelangan palitan. Ask ko lang bukod sa papalitan ang compressor eh lilinisin din ba nila mga tubo at condenser, merin pa bang iba?

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Standard yan kapag palit ka ng Compressor need to change expansion valve and filter. Dapat din i flush ng solvents ang condenser and Evaporator. New compressor normally have a pre filled compressor oil so no need to add. Change all O rings para sure wlang leaks, then sabay mo na palit ang belts.

Make sure the condenser fan still performing well, most of old fan is umiikot nga but not enough blowing air.
    Last edited by Jiggs; May 5th, 2018 at 10:59 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Baltz View Post
    MGA sir ask ko lang pina check ko yung ac ng sentra ko, sabi sa talyer compressor daw sira kelangan palitan. Ask ko lang bukod sa papalitan ang compressor eh lilinisin din ba nila mga tubo at condenser, merin pa bang iba?

nung nagpakabit ako ng bagong compressor kila mang Mario about 4 years ago nilinis nila buong cooling system...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017

Go to a proper A/C shop rather than a talyer as they are better equipped. They do some cleaning, change o-ring, clean evaporator, condenser, new freon, etc.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

when my sentra's aircon failed as a result of evaporator leak, someone had it replaced with the cheaper laminated design. the resulting coldness was raw ("hilaw").
    it became factory-cold again, when i replaced it with the factory-spec and hideously more expensive serpentine design evaporator.
    "there was nothing wrong with the compressor."

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Hello Masters,

nag try ako pa check and estimate (FREE) ng AC service here in Cavite (Gen Trias to be specific).
    --Prob: Bigla nawala ang AC ng oto (96 model corolla). Fan nlng naandar at nalabas.
    --Assesment: wala na daw freon, need Kargahan.
    --quotation: 1.5K cleanins and freon recharging services, other problems na mkikita along the way, iba ang charge.

question: is it good to go na po ba? or need pa mag hanap ng iba?

Thanks..

10. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dahaskie View Post
    Hello Masters,

nag try ako pa check and estimate (FREE) ng AC service here in Cavite (Gen Trias to be specific).
    --Prob: Bigla nawala ang AC ng oto (96 model corolla). Fan nlng naandar at nalabas.
    --Assesment: wala na daw freon, need Kargahan.
    --quotation: 1.5K cleanins and freon recharging services, other problems na mkikita along the way, iba ang charge.

question: is it good to go na po ba? or need pa mag hanap ng iba?

Thanks..
    It seems cheap na for 1.5k. Make sure the refrigerant is orig. AC systems should be a sealed system. If there's a leak (losing freon), then there is breakage somewhere.

Base lang ito sa nababasa ko dito, ha. Not an expert. We should wait for others to chime in.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
How much usually and check up and linis ng aircon?