New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Nangyari na kasi sa akin yan sa dati kong Chevy cavalier broTS, bago na lahat, radiator,thermostat,cooling fan,water pump...overheat pa din..

Cylinder head gasket na pala....after mareface at palitan ang gasket, ok na siya.....

Goodluck na lang...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    yepz, mas worse pag warped na yung head...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The heater cools down the coolant because coolant is what goes through your heater to heat the car.

If all the hoses are new and the radiator is not leaking and you're still losing water, it might be the cylinder head, but I'd get a compression and leakdown test to find out for sure.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The heater cools down the coolant because coolant is what goes through your heater to heat the car.

If all the hoses are new and the radiator is not leaking and you're still losing water, it might be the cylinder head, but I'd get a compression and leakdown test to find out for sure.
    ^^ ditto...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    how did you fix your car??

[SIZE=4]Chevrolet optra radiator cap explode from high pressure?[/SIZE]

the temperature rises up to near to 1/2 of the temp gauge there is extreme steam pressure in the upper radiator hose, and when i touch it it's very hot and smell is coming out of it, and after some time the radiator cap neck explode i went to service center and they replaced the below list :
    1. Gasket valve cover
    2. Gasket Cylinder head
    3. Gasket intake manfol
    4. Gasket exhaust manfol
    5. Hose heater inlet
    6. Hose Radiator inlet upper
    7. Hose map sensor VAC
    8. V belt T250 11%
    9. Valve inlet
    10. Spark plug
    11. Spray carb SF
    12. Seal Camshaft FRT
    13. Seal water pump
    14. Seal Eng Cool thermostat
    15. Seal valve steam oil
    16. RTV sealant
    17. Coolant DEX-Cool Red
    18. Valve exhaust

after they told me car is fixed i drive for 20 min and the temprature was below the middel after i park my car with few minutes the hose and the clamp explode again and all water comes out of the radiator again....... i know there is pressure proplem still with the cooling system but i don't know what else i need to replace after all of the long list above.
    any body had same problem and fixed??

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post

where can i have a leakdown and compression test done?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12