New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    I have a problem. Yung aircon ng honda civic ko intermittent.

Minsan pag parked under the sun, 5mins bago lumamig. Nag on ang fan ng radiator pero walang click sa compressor. Meaning parang fan mode siya.

Minsan naman pag malamig na, natural nag ooff ang compressor pag yung desired temp or lamig ay naabot na, pag once need ulit ng compressor umandar, hindi na siya ulit umaandar. Kaya wala nanamang lamig.

Turning off and on the aircon repeatedly can sometimes fix the problem. The compressor engages. But soon after a while, when it disengages, it wont engage again when the need arises.

I've read baka ac field coil daw yung may problema. Heard of this problem? Is there an easy fix for this? And how much?

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    I have a problem. Yung aircon ng honda civic ko intermittent.

Minsan pag parked under the sun, 5mins bago lumamig. Nag on ang fan ng radiator pero walang click sa compressor. Meaning parang fan mode siya.

Minsan naman pag malamig na, natural nag ooff ang compressor pag yung desired temp or lamig ay naabot na, pag once need ulit ng compressor umandar, hindi na siya ulit umaandar. Kaya wala nanamang lamig.

Turning off and on the aircon repeatedly can sometimes fix the problem. The compressor engages. But soon after a while, when it disengages, it wont engage again when the need arises.

I've read baka ac field coil daw yung may problema. Heard of this problem? Is there an easy fix for this? And how much?

Pabawasan mo ng spacer yun magnetic bigyan mo lang tip yun gagawa
    no need to evacuate freon dukutin lang yan or Check mo yun relay ng compressor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I experience this from a friend's Optra. The operation is intermittent just as you described. The same solution is just as what you've said, repeatedly turning off and on the switch until it runs.

One possibility is the ECU, somewhere around it that sends or controls the signal. We haven't verified it as the owner didn't want to spend a few thousand pesos for the diagnosis and repair.

The solution? Connect the wire directly to the battery. As soon as the car starts, the AC will run. Certainly not the best solution, but it worked!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I experience this from a friend's Optra. The operation is intermittent just as you described. The same solution is just as what you've said, repeatedly turning off and on the switch until it runs.

One possibility is the ECU, somewhere around it that sends or controls the signal. We haven't verified it as the owner didn't want to spend a few thousand pesos for the diagnosis and repair.

The solution? Connect the wire directly to the battery. As soon as the car starts, the AC will run. Certainly not the best solution, but it worked!
    Hindd ganyan ka grabe yan sakit talaga ng FD yan intermittent A/C either relay lang or bawasan yun spacer

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    That happened to my fd as well. The mechanic adjusted something in the compressor, spacer nga ba yun? That solved the problem. I gave him 200.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for the tip. Mura lang pala kung ganun. Kung bibili nalang ako ng bagong magnetic clutch mas mabuti ba? No need pabawas ng spacer thingy?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Thanks for the tip. Mura lang pala kung ganun. Kung bibili nalang ako ng bagong magnetic clutch mas mabuti ba? No need pabawas ng spacer thingy?

Perhaps it will be much easier to "fix" it, if that spacer thing is really an existing issue.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2018

The decision is yours. But the fix is relatively harmless and so much cheaper than the alternative.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

that spacer/washer can be removed for next to nothing. with a little practice, you can do it yourself. and the fix should last several years.
    if i were me, i'd consider buying a new clutch, only if there is no more spacer to remove. "sagad na, 'ika nga."
    also, mas mahirap palitan yung buong assembly, kaysa sungkitin lang yung isang washer.
    magkano ba magnetic clutch ...? 3K ba...? nalimutan ko na...
    Last edited by dr. d; July 26th, 2018 at 01:17 AM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Every post herein is pointing straight to the compressor clutch indiscriminately without checking the high and low side pressures. If you were mechanics, you will have misdagnoses left and right. Learn the scientific and logical approach. Dont be just parts replacers, be or try to be technicians
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; July 27th, 2018 at 06:50 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast