New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippo21 View Post
    I give up. Di talaga kame magkta ng leak. Pero at least may idea n ako kung ano nangyayari. Thanks mga pogi!

Samsung N9005 powered by Smart posted using tsikot mobile app
    perhaps if you use a stronger, bigger flashlight..?
    tiyaga lang yan, bossing. water doesn't disappear. it has to go somewhere..
    and while you're there, check the aux fans, if they still in good working order.. rotating fan blades isn't an indication of good functioning. they have to rotate very fast and move vast amounts of air..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Isang tingin pa bukas kung wala talaga, im going to get expert help. Checked hoses, vaccuums and radiator body. Aux fan is good.. water pump is also good.. one observation tjough, nung mejo natagalan syang nakabukas, edi nagclimb na temp.. after ko patayin, palamigin, may deposits ng coolant sa radiator cap pag tanggal ko.. umakyat ng ganun kataas ung coolant! Im thinking may massive pressure build up sonewhere... which is odd kung leak to... >.<

Samsung N9005 powered by Smart posted using tsikot mobile app

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    boiling water is a good source of high pressure.
    teka... kamusta ang radiator mo? are the cooling fins clean? baka naman puro dumi na siya, hindi na maka-lusot ang hangin..

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    which came first, the chicken or the egg? which came first, the hissing sound or the overheating? the only time overheating makes a hissing sound is when pressure is leaking from the pressure cap or some weak point that can not hold pressure. in this case, the leak must be visible. but a hissing sound that was caused by a vacuum leak will definitely cause overheating and lose coolant through the radiatior cap or overspills at the recovery bottle. stop guessing.use a vacuum gauge to see that you have engine vacuum between 17- 21 inches of mercury assuming your camshafts are OEM and that the engine is neither supercharged nor turbocharged. use diagnostic instruments to digitize your results and stay away from amateurs.
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; May 3rd, 2014 at 05:36 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I had a similar experience with my Mazda Miata and it turn out to be the cylinder head. There was no leak but the engine kept overheating. They had to reface the cylinder head and change the head gasket 'coz apparently it was slightly uneven or not perfectly flat due to the overheating and wear. That did the trick. The early problems of overheating that preceded the warping was attributed to other factors that later escalated to this main issue like poor water quality in place of proper coolant, undetected radiator fan motor's poor condition and irregularity of oil changes. I guess I had to learn the hard way. Poor PMS = Potential engine disaster

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Radiator effing cap.. solved at 180 petot.

Pffffffffffffffffffffft

Sent via N-9005 powered by Smart

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    which came first, the chicken or the egg? which came first, the hissing sound or the overheating? the only time overheating makes a hissing sound is when pressure is leaking from the pressure cap or some weak point that can not hold pressure. in this case, the leak must be visible. but a hissing sound that was caused by a vacuum leak will definitely cause overheating and lose coolant through the radiatior cap or overspills at the recovery bottle. stop guessing.use a vacuum gauge to see that you have engine vacuum between 17- 21 inches of mercury assuming your camshafts are OEM and that the engine is neither supercharged nor turbocharged. use diagnostic instruments to digitize your results and stay away from amateurs.
    My mechanics did this. they closed the radiator properly with a new radiator cap... they also recommended lavramon for my radiator which I did. madumi na daw kasi.. baka daw kasi hindi nakalabas ng maaus pressure kaya nung minaneho ko ngang summer na sobrang init, naghanap ng ibang outlet ung excess pressure, leading to a the radiator cap leak. >.<

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hissing sound and high engine temp