New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah ok. while having someone rev your engine see if may bubbles sa radiator mo when you take off the cap. Could be a sign of a busted gasket. The top gasket separating your water gallery/combustion chamber could be busted.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Bakit ka pumayag na tanggalin ang thermostat, what was the objective?

Your cooling system was designed to work with a coolant which is not pure water. Why and when did you stop using this? If you will notice, the boiling will stop once you increase the rpm of your engine.? This boiling is caused by hot spots in your engine which is due to scaling inside your engine ( very similar to the scaling you would see in public comfort rooms using hard water or deep well water source) Do you live in a village with a deep well water source?

The use of ordinary water in your cooling system is the cause of all this, in other words nabubulok na cooling system mo. You have actually significantly altered your cooling system, 1st removing your thermostat 2nd changing your coolant medium. Pero me magagawa ka pa,
    you should drain your cooling system of this water and replace it with a proper coolant. Better if you could flush your radiator for a few weeks to dissolve the scale and rust, sana d pa sobra rust and scaling.

The use of a proper coolant is not to increase the cost of maintenance,
    it is to increase heat transfer, rust protection and to aid your mechanic in
    failure analysis (dyes).

You can start by cleaning your reservior (expansion tank). This is to help you in your failure analysis. This may sound ridiculous to mechanics in the
    the US but hey we are in a third world country.

Now again, me putik ba o puro putik reservior mo?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    sirs i got the car second hand kasi. When we checked kung ang problema is yung thermostat dun namin nakita na wala na pala siya. Dunno kung kailan nila tinanggal ito.

As for the water were using nawasa but will be using distilled water and the coolant I got from stp nung namigay sila ng tsikot caps n shirts sa smx hehee once this gets sorted out. As for putik sa reservoir, I cleaned it out kanina and yes may mga kaunting sediments. I think the former owner was from cavite and might have been using deep well water from their subdivision. And yes the guy who did the overhaul on my radiator said it was very dirty.

I really appreciate the input mga sirs. Things to do tomorrow: Get my gauge fixed. Install a thermostat. Sir afrasay noob question lang po, but when I check for bubbles dapat ba nasa operating temp na siya or ok lang kahit malamig pa. Takot mabulwakan ng tubig hehehe. Salamats po

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kahit cold pa ang engine dapat walang bubble yun sa radiator. dapat flowing lang siya.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    salamat mga sirs its almost fixed. Medyo naayos siya sir mark_t doon sa advice mo na linis reservoir. Took it out and scrubbed it really good. Hindi na lumilipat doon yung tubig. Took it out kanina and drove around for about an hour with the aircon off. Ang nangyayari na lang eh you can hear parang boiling sounds sa radiator cap, may pressure pa kaya? Medyo hesitant lang ako buksan kasi mainit pa, will check kung nagbawas ng tubig. I will update you as soon as I get the info. I will try to replace the cap kasi yung nabili ko yung ordinary lang will get oem tom. Sir afrasay wala naman pong bubbles thank God.

Thanks talaga you guys have been very helpful.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    As to not start a new topic I have been reading around sa mga post about radiator caps but I just cant seem to find the right one. Tried 3 brands already pero same thing I can hear the pressure build up from the cap, the boiling sound. Pero pag yung dating federal mogul cap ang nilalagay ko wala naman yun nga lang balik sa same problem na lumilipat yung tubig sa reservoir. Am I missing something? Masyado po ba malakas yung resistance na .9 as originaly installed? I saw that hindi dapat maglagay ng mas mababa but in my case do you think it would be a good move to get a .5? TIA

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    when you overhauled the radiator did they replace the top portion of the rad? if so baka di maganda nilagay nila na top kaya this is happening and the cap cannot seal it properly.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    no sir they did not change the top binalik nila yung dati

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    the radiator cap was actually my first thought... sabi mo kasi napupunta tubig sa reservoir. sign of a faulty cap kasi yun.

try to check na rin for leaks behind the engine.

nangyari na rin sakin yung hindi ko makita yung leak due to no visible water puddles on the pavement. kaya pala tumutulo sa ibabaw ng makina sa rear part. the water gets evaporated due to the heat.

check mo rin yung oil mo. baka nahaluan ng tubig. problem with the head gasket

rule kasi... if you're loosing water, it's going somewhere else. this is normally a leak (palabas o paloob)

pero kung yung 1 tabo loss of water mo ay napupunta lahat sa reservoir... it must be something esle
    Last edited by daimaoh; February 25th, 2008 at 03:18 PM. Reason: adding

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Help overheating na