New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jusko acid build up? may reaction ba talaga yung dalawang chemicals?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Huwag mo na masyado isipin. Wala namang catastrophic na mangyayari. Siguro medyo reduced performance lang dahil hindi talaga kasing lakas magdala ng lamig (at magtanggal ng init) ang R134a compared sa R12. Pero as you said, hindi naman inalis lahat ng R12 sa system mo (nadagdagan lang ng R134a) so may fighting chance pa din.

The only reason na hindi pinaghahalo ang dalawang ito is para hindi ma-contaminate ang equipment sa mga repair facility sa U.S. (where R12 is captured instead of being vented). Dito naman sa atin lahat ng equipment ay contaminated na at ang R12 ay pinakakawalan na lang sa atmosphere basta basta.
    To my friend, I beg to dissagree with you na walang catastrophic na mangyayari. If R-134a is accidentally put into R-12 AC system, problems such as compressor lock and refrigeration leak will occur.

When switching from R-12 to R134a you need to change the accummulator/filter drier, because the desiccant used to absorb mosture in R12 isn't compatible w/R134a. R134a system are designed to run *higher pressure than R12 system, w/c is why we use less R12 in the system, 80-85%. Condenser heat radiation is increased, expansion valve discharged characteristics changed, compressor refrigerant oil changed, as well as clutch capacity changed and it's relief valve is redesigned. Furthermore, piping connection is changed, as well as it's O-ring, hose changed.

Boiling point of R-134a is lower than R-12 so cooling capacity of the condenser was increased. You need to install additional cooling fan.

It's sad here in our country philippines that retrofitting are done without any research and studies. So the end result is damaged to the system. And you spend more. Our Technicians are more on the shoot from the dark. What I meant is CHAMBA. They lack technical know how.

So my advised to my colleagues, before you do retrofitting make a research in the internet, it's all here. Don't rely on our technicians na walang alam. They don't READ and do RESEARCH.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    the best pa rin to follow the procedure ,

R=recover

R=recycle

R = reclaiming

and use an electronic leak detector para hindi na magtanggal ng components para lang i leaktest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
help! nahaluan ata ng 134a ang r12 na ercon ko