New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Need help guys, newbie to cars.

I did not use my car for 1 week because I went to the province. When i came back and used it, i noticed that the temp gauge which normally settles at midpoint even during long drives rose to around 3/4 of the gauge. So i turned off the aircon and it helped. however whenever i use the aircon, the temp gauge rises to almost 3/4 but not to the red line yet. this is the first time that the temp gauge rose to that level. what could be the problem?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    1. Check mo yung coolant level mo, baka konti na yan it will cause high temp.

2. Maybe your tubes in the radiator are already clogged with dirts, coming from not using your car for sometime.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    1. check your coolant level
    2. check hoses for damage
    3. check your fans are they running
    4. check coolant for signs of rust, oil and contaminats
    5. check radiator cap for signs of damage. if in doubt replace it
    6. check fan belt, might be loose or worn
    7. check under the car for signs of leaks
    8. if the above are ok, have a mechanic check yout t-stat

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    thanks a lot for the help.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it only happens with the AC on, your accessory fan is most likely busted... but that's weird... since the Civic's radiator and condenser are side by side, not on top of each other, right? Might be a wiring issue.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Wala kayang naglagay ng low octane gas dyan sa car mo, it is upposed to run at 95 RON, thermovalve opening at 76C to 80C, w/ radiator cap of 0.95 to 1.25 bar.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by youngrider View Post
    Wala kayang naglagay ng low octane gas dyan sa car mo, it is upposed to run at 95 RON, thermovalve opening at 76C to 80C, w/ radiator cap of 0.95 to 1.25 bar.
    i dont think that will be the cause, i have the same car model with the TS and im using unleaded gasoline which is 93 octane.. tama sila it may be sa radiator baka kelangan pa overhaul, or the coolant..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Radiator Cap , 1st thing to replace pag nagbabawas na ung tubig sa reserve. but in your case bka converted na sa oversize ung A/C condenser mo and hndi na gumagana ung condenser Fan kya nahahawa sa init nung condenser mo ung raditor mo kya tumataas ung Temp pag nag-A/C ka or eleatrical which is very-very rare problem.

Problem talaga ng mga Civic ang overheat basta ung mga design pa na maliit ang radiator, High RPM kc ang Honda kya masyado mataas ang pressure sa cooling system which is turns to madali mabutas at masira ung mga hose and other cooling system fittings etc lalo na pag 5yrs na. 1st thing to replace talaga is Radiator Cap every 20K hanggat maaari sana.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    thank you for all your input guys.

i brought my car to the mechanic last sat. they suspected it was the radiator because after flushing it and cleaning it, the temp became normal. dapat din daw mapalitan na ang coolant. i was advised to have the radiator overhauled. so i brought it to a radiator shop and had it overhauled. the technician told me that it was never overhauled since it was bought by the first owner. i bought it 2nd hand by the way 2 years ago. ang kapal ng dumi at alikabok. though i find it weird when he told me " yung dumi ay sobrang coolant yun sir". sabi ng mechanic kulang sa coolant, medyo napabayaan. sabi ng radiator technician nasobrahan naman sa coolant.

at any rate it's back to normal. i have some questions though:

1. How often do I replace water in the radiator?
    2. How often do i replace coolant?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    did you check the a/c aux fan? was it running?

replace the coolant every 40k kms. this is the recommendation of honda.

Help: 97 Civic temperature rising