New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    Auxillary fan is a primarily cooling system when the car is stationary.

When your car start to move natural air-flow will be an additional scheme that will help cool down the condenser and radiator of your vehicle, and that will be less taxing to your cars battery. Its like having an imaginary fan blowing air in front of the car, so why add an additional fan in front that will block the natural air flow?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I understand this additional fan is for the condenser. I think the purpose is to get colder air from the aircon when the vehicle is stationary. One symptom of insufficient cooling of the condenser is that the air coming out of the aircon is not so cold when the vehicle is stationary but it will become cooler as it moves, and as you say, allow outside air to naturally cool the condenser.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    I understand this additional fan is for the condenser. I think the purpose is to get colder air from the aircon when the vehicle is stationary. One symptom of insufficient cooling of the condenser is that the air coming out of the aircon is not so cold when the vehicle is stationary but it will become cooler as it moves, and as you say, allow outside air to naturally cool the condenser.
    Yes, the main purpose is when during stationary, AC is unable to sustain the coldness inside the CAR that is why I decided to DIY the said setup, well, based on the old thread here provided me this idea.

Putting, LAMP, thanks, I'll do that so I will be aware that its running.

AIR FLOW, on the diagram, its going to the Condenser, so it should be correct already.

Thanks for the replies.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    But the position of the fan now blocks the natural airflow, depending on the size of the fan will determine if this will be helpful or not in the long run

This may help cool things up quickly while stationary, it then blocks natural airflow while on the move. If the additional auxillary fan induce air flow immediately after the aircon is switched on and and shuts off together with the aircon then that will shorten the life span of the battery

Last edited by kisshmet; July 3rd, 2017 at 02:16 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    But the position of the fan now blocks the natural airflow, depending on the size of the fan will determine if this will be helpful or not in the long run

This may help cool things up quickly while stationary, it then blocks natural airflow while on the move. If the additional auxillary fan induce air flow immediately after the aircon is switched on and and shuts off together with the aircon then that will shorten the life span of the battery

The FAN does cover half of the condenser, the other half should accept the natural flow + the FAN blades are small, and though it can be turned on when AC is on or when compressor clutch engage, my intention is to switch ON only on stationary and turn it off when moving. I'll take the previous advise, to put pilot lamp so I can determine if its still turned on so I can switch off.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    wire the relay na whenever the compressor runs, the aux fan also turns on. can't see the need of a separate switch pa

had this setup before and wala naman problems, just make sure that the alternator can compensate for the additional load

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aioshin View Post
    The FAN does cover half of the condenser, the other half should accept the natural flow + the FAN blades are small, and though it can be turned on when AC is on or when compressor clutch engage, my intention is to switch ON only on stationary and turn it off when moving. I'll take the previous advise, to put pilot lamp so I can determine if its still turned on so I can switch off.
    Tiga saan ka ba? Manila or province?

Pag Manila, need mo aux fan. Most of the time traffic dito. .

Pag province, no need.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Tiga mindanao. Kaya palaging traffic dahil sa checkpoint. 😁

Sent from a mobile device.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i used to have a rear-wheel drive car. it got real hot in traffic.
    i asked my aircon man to remedy it. he put an aux fan in front of the radiator.
    after that, it was nice and very cold even in standstill, hot mid-day traffic! still as cold after the car moves.
    and no engine overheat issues.
    and the battery did not even notice.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 4th, 2017 at 12:43 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I am not savvy with electronic diagram but my suggestion is to make sure the direction of airflow is correct - towards the engine.
    i agree.
    and the solution may be quite easy. many of these are DC motors. however way they are installed, reversing the electrical connections, will reverse direction of blade rotation and the flow of air.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i agree.
    and the solution may be quite easy. many of these are DC motors. however way they are installed, reversing the electrical connections, will reverse direction of blade rotation and the flow of air.
    yes, the connection can be reverse, and also the blades of the aux fan i put, should be observe properly because of its inclination or angle placement, you have to try reversing the blades to compare the output air, mine need to reverse the blade to get the maximum air.

the FAN has 80 watts rating, so approx. 6 or 7 amps requirement, if im not wrong, hilander (my unit) has 40 or 50 amps alternator, so I think it can compensate the 7 amps. I plan to make it 2 to cover the whole condenser since currently it only cover the half, so 14 amps for the aux fan, turn it ON when needed, like traffic under the heat of the sun. turn it OFF at night.

btw, got the FAN at 650 Pesos.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast