New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    This was a problem with my 1st gen Kia sportage with R2 engine. After a long ride with the temp guage in about the middle, the engine won't start. But if you wait until the engine has cooled down after after about 15 minutes, the engine will start just fine. What donyoy guys think is the cause of this problem?

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I don't know... maybe glow plugs? marami diesel experts.. ever had it looked at?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Di naman siguro glow plugs kasi mainit nga yung engine. Parang hirap yung starter mag crank up. Mag start naman sya muli pag nag cool down na yung engine. Problem seemed to stop when I fixed that leaking freeze plug/water jacket.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I just did a quick search and warm-start issues are sometimes caused by a faulty ECT or its wiring. If the ECU thinks that the engine is cold when it is actually hot (because of bad information from the ECT), it follows a specific program or procedure that favors a cold start-up (ie. fuel quantity, air quantity, injector timing, etc.), parameters that are not ideal when the engine is actually hot.

Not saying conclusively that this is the actual problem but it is worth checking out.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    I am beginning to think that the problem comes from the starter. It is having a hard time cranking the engine when It is hot. Are there cases of starters malfunctioning in very high tepms?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Cranking issue? Hows the battery? Over 3yo? Battery test will reveal the CCA..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Eiher the valves need adjustment... (Pudpod or tukod na)

Or compression issue.

*if battery, glow plugs and starter are all ok

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    It might be the starter. Baka tumataas ang resistance ng starter pag mainit yung engine kaya ayaw dumaloy ng kuryente hence ayaw mag start. In my opinion lang ha.

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    1yo battery lang po

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Eiher the valves need adjustment... (Pudpod or tukod na)

Or compression issue.

*if battery, glow plugs and starter are all ok
    The valves are new.....