New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I have a '94 corolla xl. Whenever I turn on the aircon, lalo na pag traffic or dumadaan ako sa may ilog, amoy na amoy ko ang hangin sa labas. I've already tried shutting off the vent but pumapasok pa rin yung hangin sa labas, especially pag meron mausok na bus sa harapan ko.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Sa aircon ko ba or sa design mismo ng corolla? I don't have this problem with my other cars.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    let a reputable or your trusted aircon mechanic check your aircon system...chances are there is a gap or opening that needs a sealant leading to the evaporator system...just my opinion...let's wait for other replies.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    possible there is a hole or gap left in your engine firewall allowing outside air to your cabin.. also check your door seals

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sir ganon din na eexperience ko minsan pareho tyo ng auto. may history na ba ng bangga ung auto mo sir?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    we have similar problem with my pregio, ang ginawa ng a/c tech he took out the evaporator and housing at tinakpan niya mabuti yung mga gap or mga molded joints. in short may singaw lang yan kaya nakakakuha ng hangin sa labas.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    The culprit is the worn out foam seal on vent flaps. Vent flaps is located just inside your dash, which is also underneath the hood vent grills. You switch your AC system to outside air mode, the vent flaps opens thus outside air comes in, switching it otherwise, the vent flaps shut thus air just circulates within. But even when the flaps are shut, you may still experience outside air because of the worn out foams are no longer seating well.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by leinahtan View Post
    The culprit is the worn out foam seal on vent flaps. Vent flaps is located just inside your dash, which is also underneath the hood vent grills. You switch your AC system to outside air mode, the vent flaps opens thus outside air comes in, switching it otherwise, the vent flaps shut thus air just circulates within. But even when the flaps are shut, you may still experience outside air because of the worn out foams are no longer seating well.
    +1 here. or you can have the vents sealed shut permanently. its not really useful here in metro manila.

Corolla Aircon Problems