New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Is it true that idle can be affected when converting yung mga electronic controlled thermostat ng kotse (ussually black box located under dash boards that controll yung aircon) sa manual rotary thermostat (Like nung mga nakalagay sa ref) for EFI Engine?

My mechanic said that those electronic box also send signal (certain millivolts) to AAC to open or close and ECU depending on the aircon status and temp reading while using rotary type will just make use of the other engine/throtle body sensors to compensate for the engine load?

Im planning to buy a surplus electronic box for my aircon BUT if wala namn difference then wag nalng - pansin ko kasi minsan nag lalaro yung rpm if on ang aircon and just had my throtle body cleaned and still the same. All sensor and servo has been checked thru computer and all are working just fine.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Just an update... I found a diagram for the Aircon controller and I think my mechanic was wrong when he said that the controller also send signal to ECU... What I found out is that the FICD-IACV is connected in-parallel to the Aircon Relay.

One thing nice about using the solid state controller is that engine operation is improved by turning off the aircon when ECU dettects the following:
    - Engine coolant is too high
    - Using power steering at very low speed
    - When engine speed is very low and at high speed
    - When throtle valve is fully open or at certain valve angle.

SO ECU send signal to this controller and not the controller sending signal to ECU directly.

So still it's better to use yung solid state controller vs. manual rotary thermostat... better fuel economy and engine life/protection.

So kung sino man ang me binebenta dyan na aircon temp controller amplifier for senra B14 (Solid state controller) give me a PM :-)

From Computer Controlled Aircon to Manual rotary Thermostat me difference ba?