New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^pa-sagot bro nung timing belt question . imo, it would be best to buy your timing belt at the casa in alabang for its authenticity's sake then have it installed elsewhere. all the shops bro 1D4LV mentioned above are pretty decent. all though i can only attest to the quality of work at shell times/perpetual (ok ang customer's lounge nila at malapit pa sa select ) and ceejay's (it's along the A-Z road right before uniwide if you're alabang bound). but you might also want to try rodel's aircon shop in bfrv. ok din sila magtrabaho at affordable din

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hello po,

I've been reading this forum and I really learned a lot regarding cars. I'm a lady driver and yes, I only know how to use it but not maintain it. I depend on my dad when it comes to these things but he's out of the country for some time now so im on my own (maintenance wise and financially too). I'm looking for a shop which will fix my concerns below para isang puntahan na lang.

I hope you could provide me estimate on the following, vehicle is 2000 Honda Civic MT

1. Timing belt - never been replaced, kilometer reading is already 130k. I don't know if there's anything else that needs to be fixed/replaced related to this?

2. Aircon Evaporator - just had my aircon system cleaned, recharged freon, etc here at an A/C shop near my place (temporary fix only). they told me that the evaporator has leaks and quoted me a price. any idea on how much it would cost me baka kasi overpriced ung sa kin? Nanghihinayang me kasi neto ko lang nabasa ung tungkol kay Mang Mario and P2500 nagastos ko just to have the aircon clean as compared to <P1000 sa shop ni Mang Mario.

3. Brake pads/brake system - when i had my aircon checked, the mechanic told me that "manipis na ung brakes" so don't know specifically what. i'm also confused why 'coz the first time pinaayos namin ung sa brakes is *2003 ata (casa) and the following was last december 2006 lang at rapide in shaw . ganun ba talaga kabilis un?

4. Power Window (Front Passenger side) - no longer working. i had this one checked at the casa noon pa, tipong papalitan na daw ung motor sa loob, how much will it cost po to have it fixed?

5. Power locks (Right side, front and rear doors) - have to manually lock both doors pa even if i lock via the driver's side.

6. Change Oil and everything else related to it.

7. Wiper blades - malabo na when it wipes especially at night or when im driving in the rain.

I really hope you guys can quote me the prices for the parts that will be used as well as the service charges so that I'll have an idea how much money I should bring when I have my car serviced. Any do it yourself thing is out of the question so I would really appreciate it if you guys could recommend a shop in Las Pinas/Alabang/Southern Manila area pero if merong mas maayos/mura somewhere else sige po.

If sa casa naman po ko magpapaayos lahat neto (anyone from Honda?) how much would these things cost me kaya? Baka kasi maliit lang difference (hoping )

Thanks in advance.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by creampuffgirl View Post
    Hello po,

I've been reading this forum and I really learned a lot regarding cars. I'm a lady driver and yes, I only know how to use it but not maintain it. I depend on my dad when it comes to these things but he's out of the country for some time now so im on my own (maintenance wise and financially too). I'm looking for a shop which will fix my concerns below para isang puntahan na lang.

I hope you could provide me estimate on the following, vehicle is 2000 Honda Civic MT

1. Timing belt - never been replaced, kilometer reading is already 130k. I don't know if there's anything else that needs to be fixed/replaced related to this? - prens alabang, servitek alabang or minerva alabang. dalian mo yan, 130k na pala yan. baka bigla kang maputulan. sama mo na water pump and tensioner bearing. costs around 7k for replacement parts or more if you use OEM parts. minerva alabang carries replacement parts.

2. Aircon Evaporator - just had my aircon system cleaned, recharged freon, etc here at an A/C shop near my place (temporary fix only). they told me that the evaporator has leaks and quoted me a price. any idea on how much it would cost me baka kasi overpriced ung sa kin? Nanghihinayang me kasi neto ko lang nabasa ung tungkol kay Mang Mario and P2500 nagastos ko just to have the aircon clean as compared to <P1000 sa shop ni Mang Mario. - try Ceejay's Aircon sa Las Pinas. Sabihin mo na lang na taga tsikot ka para may discount. i really do not have any idea how much it costs, but try to ask them first. mababait and honest sila.

3. Brake pads/brake system - when i had my aircon checked, the mechanic told me that "manipis na ung brakes" so don't know specifically what. i'm also confused why 'coz the first time pinaayos namin ung sa brakes is *2003 ata (casa) and the following was last december 2006 lang at rapide in shaw . ganun ba talaga kabilis un? - kala ko naka AT ka, pero naka MT ka pala. its been four years, so pwedeng manipis na talaga yun. try to have this serviced at Shell Times in front of Perpetual, at Minerva or at Servitek. I really don't know how much this costs. Hindi pa ako nagpapalit ng brake pads eh.

4. Power Window (Front Passenger side) - no longer working. i had this one checked at the casa noon pa, tipong papalitan na daw ung motor sa loob, how much will it cost po to have it fixed? - probably putol na cable sa power windows. I can refer you to my friend/mechanic who fixes my power locks. Asa Motortown Area sya. He fixed my power window two months ago for Php 800.00.

5. Power locks (Right side, front and rear doors) - have to manually lock both doors pa even if i lock via the driver's side. - probably busted actuators. same as #4. I can refer you to him. He fixed my power locks with my power windows two months ago. Cost Php 200.00

6. Change Oil and everything else related to it. - Any gasoline station can do this for you. But i recommend Shell Times and Shell CAA infront of Southville School.

7. Wiper blades - malabo na when it wipes especially at night or when im driving in the rain. - just buy new wiper blades.

I really hope you guys can quote me the prices for the parts that will be used as well as the service charges so that I'll have an idea how much money I should bring when I have my car serviced. Any do it yourself thing is out of the question so I would really appreciate it if you guys could recommend a shop in Las Pinas/Alabang/Southern Manila area pero if merong mas maayos/mura somewhere else sige po.

If sa casa naman po ko magpapaayos lahat neto (anyone from Honda?) how much would these things cost me kaya? Baka kasi maliit lang difference (hoping ) - kung sa casa? Timing Belt pa lang, aabutin ka na ng between 10-12k. Pads, siguro mga 3k, power window, siguro mga 4k, power locks, mga 4k din. Change oil, mga 2k, wiper blades dunno. probably mga 1k.

Thanks in advance.

see my replies in bold characters.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    thanks po! bigo pala ang pangarap ko na isang shop lang ang puntahan.

1) pag OEM po ba kelangan ako bibili or provided na rin nung shop un? how can i be sure na OEM ang ilalagay nila?
    2) san po banda ung Ceejay's, anong landmark?
    3) ung sa brake pads, kakapalit lang last year whereas before that 3 years inabot nung sa una. 2000-2003-2006-2007. 1 year lang? my usage is the same naman all throughout. it just makes me wonder lang if rapide has been honest with what they've done to my brakes. nagtataka lang ako pero syempre, i'll have this fixed na rin.
    4) san po ung motortown area?

thanks again!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    what the?!! bakit naging 1st post ang ni-reply ko kanina? hindi naman ako ang threadstarter bakit kaya ganun? my apologies to the threadstarter na lang

sagotin ko na din 'to, i can't resist eh. the motortown area is located in the compund of the atc. it's very near the st jerome church

btw, about rapide, take their analyses and quotations w/ a grain of salt. a lot of has been said w/ regards to their business "methodology" :uptight:

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    kung sa casa? Timing Belt pa lang, aabutin ka na ng between 10-12k
    ha? 10k timing belt? sa 2000 crv ko dati, orig casa timing belt nasa 2.5k lang :confused:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Oks lang po, no harm done

Is it okay po ba dun sa auto shop kung bibili me ng OEM sa honda mismo tapos dadalhin ko na lang sa kanila for them to install? Ano un labor na lang ang babayaran ko sa kanila?

Malapit lang pala sa kin ung motortown area. Thanks guys! Will visit some of the shops you've mentioned... antayin ko muna kadatungan ko, at least I have an estimate of how much my expenses would be

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Is it okay po ba dun sa auto shop kung bibili me ng OEM sa honda mismo tapos dadalhin ko na lang sa kanila for them to install? Ano un labor na lang ang babayaran ko sa kanila?
    afaik ok lang iyan sa shell times/perpetual. madali naman kausap mga tao duon. ganun na nga ang arrangement, labor na lang babayaran mo.

o nga pala, last time i checked ang orig na timing belt para sa civic ek namin, kung di ako nagkakamali, less than 1.5k lang

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by creampuffgirl View Post
    thanks po! bigo pala ang pangarap ko na isang shop lang ang puntahan.

1) pag OEM po ba kelangan ako bibili or provided na rin nung shop un? how can i be sure na OEM ang ilalagay nila?
    2) san po banda ung Ceejay's, anong landmark?
    3) ung sa brake pads, kakapalit lang last year whereas before that 3 years inabot nung sa una. 2000-2003-2006-2007. 1 year lang? my usage is the same naman all throughout. it just makes me wonder lang if rapide has been honest with what they've done to my brakes. nagtataka lang ako pero syempre, i'll have this fixed na rin.

thanks again!
    sent you PM already, but to answer your questions...

1. most shops carry OEM and replacement parts, but personally, i cannot really distinguish them by just looking at it. if you want original OEM parts, get it from the casa.
    2. ceejay is located in front of Uniwide Mall in Pamplona. Coming from Sta. Cecilia Village/Citimotors, turn right going to BFRV gate. You will see Ceejays at the right side, just before you reach Uniwide
    3. i think that the part that was replaced is a replacement part, which is of low quality.
    4. motortown is in front of St. Jerome Church, ATC. Yun mga parking sa tapat ng simbahan.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    most places will be ok with you bringing your own parts naman.

Civic 2000 - questions reg timing belt/aircon evaporator/brakes/power locks &amp; windows