New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    Question lang. Gaano ba kabilis/katagal bago maglabas ng lamig ang aircon? Ano ba normal, pagka-on ng aircon, malamig na dapat agad?

Yung sa kotse ko kasi (lancer 1997), pagka-on ng aircon, hindi kaagad lalamig, mga ilang minutes pa (10mins up) lalo na pag idle lang. Lalo na pag malamig/ulanan kailangan pang itakbo muna ng mga ilang minuto bago bago lumamig.

Ano kaya problema? Need bang ipacleaning or palitan ng parts? Tingin ko naman wala problema sa fan kasi, umaandar agad pag i-on na aircon. Yun lang wala ng thermostat, nakakaaffect ba yun?

Salamat!
    You mentioned that the car is a 1997 model. The evaporator could be dirty. You can try to consult a professional and have him check if your​ car has sufficient refrigerant. He should be able to diagnose the problem.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Thanks. Actually, I just brought the car several months ago to a car aircon shop, and told me that everything is fine except for the broken fan, which I already replaced. But still aircon is not engaging immediately when turned on that I just become used to it.
    But now I think I should have it repaired, since it is hard to drive when it is raining and it is so cold outside that fog is showing up.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi tsikooters, does anyone knows here where we can buy ng aircon board for lg gold window type aircon? Biglang nag amoy usok kasi ang board tapos hindi na nag on... upon checking ng aircon mechanic board daw yung sira and wala daw mabibilhan...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Hi tsikooters, does anyone knows here where we can buy ng aircon board for lg gold window type aircon? Biglang nag amoy usok kasi ang board tapos hindi na nag on... upon checking ng aircon mechanic board daw yung sira and wala daw mabibilhan...

electronic?
    call LG phils, po.
    also, one might stroll along the aircon shops.
    i think there're those along southbound edsa, corner sshway.
    sometimes, these shops have aircons for cannibalization.

i have always prefered the more traditional electromechanical aircon controlled units, by local brands. a word of wisdom from my dad.

good luck.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 31st, 2018 at 12:31 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    electronic?
    call LG phils, po.
    also, one might stroll along the aircon shops.
    i think there're those along southbound edsa, corner sshway.
    sometimes, these shops have aircons for cannibalization.

i have always prefered the more traditional electromechanical aircon controlled units, by local brands. a word of wisdom from my dad.

good luck.
    Thanks!!!
    Sabi nga ng electrician, kombinahin from digital to manual pihit... sayang naman ng mga features nun pag back to manual... isipin ko muna...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I’m able to bring my LG aircon in authorized service center here in bohol, good thing they have the board at php2600... plus labor 850 and cleaning 350 for window type... hopefully i can get the unit next week... 3-5 days pa yung board coming from manila...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I didn't know that LG is now manufacturing automotive air conditioners. Now I know.
    Car Aircon Problem

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    I’m able to bring my LG aircon in authorized service center here in bohol, good thing they have the board at php2600... plus labor 850 and cleaning 350 for window type... hopefully i can get the unit next week... 3-5 days pa yung board coming from manila...

A Honeywell manual thermostat costs less than P1k and will use the same relays of existing board.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    A Honeywell manual thermostat costs less than P1k and will use the same relays of existing board.
    Thanks! Got my aircon back with orig lg board and its working fine already.

sorry mods for the wrong post... im posting window type aircon in a car aircon problem thread...i just noticed it... hehehe. Car Aircon Problem

10. Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Not sure where to place this post, I guess here is as good as any but just signed up to this forum to say I was almost scammed by Rapide. I had problems with my aircon, it was not blowing proper cold air. So I went to a Rapide to get it serviced. I waited in the waiting room, as you do for the mech to trouble shoot. After 1 hour or so they come back and say I have to leave the car for a 2 days because they must take apart the whole front dash to clean the aircon costing me upwards of 16k. Then after they "find" the problem they might have to charge more for the faulty part. They listed the parts possible for re placements such as evaporator, condenser, compressor, etc. which the most expensive (compressor) being over 28k.

At first I was thinking it was too expensive but my car is 9 years old now so maybe its not so far fetched.

Here is the first red flag that something was amidst- at this time I had only been speaking with a woman, I guess the customer relations. But then 3 other people came into the waiting room to talk to me about the potential AC problem. It was like all of the office staff and head mech came into the waiting room as if to reassure me that this was the real problem and the only real fix.

Second red flag was that they wanted a 50% down payment for the initial work, so 8k. I thought to myself why would I pay them for a problem they dont even know yet. Also they only take cash.

At this point I didnt have the cash so I had to walk a bit to go to an ATM. Thank goodness because it gave me time to think about it. When I came back I told them no thanks I will look elsewhere.

As I drove away I noticed my aircon was cold.... and its been like that now for 3 days with no problems whatsoever. Im guessing they just cleaned the aircon condenser with compressed air, and thats all that was needed, and they knew that but just wanted to make money from me.

Anyway just wanted to let you guys know. Almost paid 44k plus to have my condenser cleaned with a blow gun.