New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Short story:

Yung Toyota Long Life (Red, concentrate) and nabili ko pero Super Long Life (Pink, 50/50 premix) ang nasa manual.
    Hindi ko kasi alam na magkaiba pa pala yung dalawa.

Did some google research and mejo conflicting ang opinions.
    Toyota red long life & pink super long life same? - Bob Is The Oil Guy
    Long Life vs Super Long Life coolant | Tacoma World

I am not a chemist but someone can shed some light.

Red - has sodium benzoate
    Pink - plus sebacic acid

Toyota both are compatible/mixable.
    Toyota red long life & pink super long life same? - Bob Is The Oil Guy

So the question is is it safe to use Long Life (Red) after flushing the Pink coolant? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    if you flush the old coolant, yes

for old cars you do need to change out the coolant anyways. this saves the radiator

for newer cars the coolant does last longer...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    if you flush the old coolant, yes

for old cars you do need to change out the coolant anyways. this saves the radiator

for newer cars the coolant does last longer...
    Thanks! I plan to flush with distilled water after draining the old pink coolant. Then put the red coolant 50/50 mix.

Mejo hesistant ako nung una. Baka kasi may internal components na hindi compatible.

Pero mukang ang difference lang ay flushing interval between Red and Pink.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    if the vehicle is over 5yrs.. and youre draining the coolant.. one clamp and 2 10mm bolts.. pwede na palitan ang thermostat.. around 500pesos.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    just return the red and get the proper pink coolant

the red has shorter life so you'll be spending more

the way i understand it the red is a conventional coolant, while the pink is a half-a$$ed version of the OAT organic acid coolant like Honda type-2. half-a$$ed coz it preserves compatibility w/ the red coolant but doesn't achieve the 10-yr interval of the honda type-2

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    if the vehicle is over 5yrs.. and youre draining the coolant.. one clamp and 2 10mm bolts.. pwede na palitan ang thermostat.. around 500pesos.
    Our Innova is 6 years old. Do you think I need to replace its thermostat? Binasa ko manual pero wala ako na-encounter about thermostat. Anyway, I'll try to locate it and see if I can DIY it in our garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    just return the red and get the proper pink coolant

the red has shorter life so you'll be spending more

the way i understand it the red is a conventional coolant, while the pink is a half-a$$ed version of the OAT organic acid coolant like Honda type-2. half-a$$ed coz it preserves compatibility w/ the red coolant but doesn't achieve the 10-yr interval of the honda type-2
    Yes Red has shorter life span but is cheaper than Pink. I'll just use the Red since we barely reach 10,000km a year. Baka after 6 years uli bago mag flushing.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    red is conventional coolant so it depletes over time. hindi aabot ng 6yrs yan

think of it as an electrolyte. and the different metals in the loop are your anode and cathode there is constant chemical reactions going on

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Our Innova is 6 years old. Do you think I need to replace its thermostat? Binasa ko manual pero wala ako na-encounter about thermostat. Anyway, I'll try to locate it and see if I can DIY it in our garage.

Yes Red has shorter life span but is cheaper than Pink. I'll just use the Red since we barely reach 10,000km a year. Baka after 6 years uli bago mag flushing.
    dont expect 6yrs service life for the red...

baka 24months lng yan...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    red is conventional coolant so it depletes over time. hindi aabot ng 6yrs yan

think of it as an electrolyte. and the different metals in the loop are your anode and cathode there is constant chemical reactions going on
    dont expect 6yrs service life for the red...

baka 24months lng yan...
    Dont worry guys. I am not expecting Red to last as long as the Pink.