New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    since climate controlled ang aircon ko, sa umpisa automatic mode muna. then pag naramdaman ko na ok na ang lamig ng sasakyan, sineset ko na sa low ang fan at yung temperature nasa 28 degrees na. ayoko rin masyado mastress out ang compressor habang nasa biyahe.

pero if the climate outside is cold, kahit walang aircon, ok na ko

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    to all. thanks sa lahat ng posts niyo. helped me realize a thing or two. A/C is there for comfort, so if i want a comfortable ride, kelangan ko i-compromise fuel ko. so far, nag aadjust ako ng A/C setting depende sa situation, ex: morning, noon, galing sa bilad, sa parking, evening, etc. havent tried full thermostat nor full fan speed. after your posts, am between 1/4 ~ 1/2 ng thermostat, and between 1~2 na fan speed. sa experience ko big help din na OK tint mo, right now 3M light black ako sa front then 3M medium black sa sides/rear.

* sir aga. go for the tint, either 3M or Solargard, i think any of the two works best sa present needs mo.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ur welcome tots & thanks wohoo

co nixz kapit bahay lang kita tuktukan ako hahahaha lapit sa munisipyosan makikita pics up mo?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aga_cruz View Post
    ur welcome tots & thanks wohoo

co nixz kapit bahay lang kita tuktukan ako hahahaha lapit sa munisipyosan makikita pics up mo?

every weekend from 11pm to 2am sa PETRON C5 PDS

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hello everyone! I'd just like to share my opinion on this. I do agree with using window tint. It acts like an insulator keeping the heat out and the cool air in.
    Now if you're looking to save on fuel while keeping the a/c on, you can try cycling the a/c at key points:

- Turn a/c off during hillclimbs and when you're accelerating
    - 1/2 temperature setting on flat and straight highways
    - Maximum temperature setting going downhill

If you want to learn and share more tips and tricks on Driving to Maximize Fuel Economy, visit www.hypermileph.com and logon to the forum. Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat View Post
    To answer your question, for cars with thermostat controls only for cooling (w/o heater): The low thermostat+high fan speed setting (mid setting would usually be sufficient) would save fuel vs high thermostat+ low fan speed setting.

But for some cars with thermostat knobs, which controls both cooling and heating settings (which mixes cool and hot air at low thermostat settings), not sure but would expect no more fuel savings at low thermostat settings.
    agree..

for cars with "climate control" that only mix hot and cold air to adjust cabin temp, its better to set your thermostat to the coldest.. just manually turn off your A/C when you feel cold and turn on as necessary.. this is the best way rather than setting it to 3/4 or whatever setting near the hot zone..

btw, modern engines are more efficient and the A/C load doesn't much affect fuel consumption.. there is already a study conducted regarding A/C turn on and off and the fuel consumption is just the same.. also make sure your A/C is functioning properly to avoid the engine and the compressor working for nothing...

what really affects your fuel consumption is your TIRE PRESSURE and UNNECESSARY WEIGHT you carry at your trunk or too much accessories, wheel alignment and brake problems.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    agree..

for cars with "climate control" that only mix hot and cold air to adjust cabin temp, its better to set your thermostat to the coldest.. just manually turn off your A/C when you feel cold and turn on as necessary.. this is the best way rather than setting it to 3/4 or whatever setting near the hot zone..

btw, modern engines are more efficient and the A/C load doesn't much affect fuel consumption.. there is already a study conducted regarding A/C turn on and off and the fuel consumption is just the same.. also make sure your A/C is functioning properly to avoid the engine and the compressor working for nothing...

what really affects your fuel consumption is your TIRE PRESSURE and UNNECESSARY WEIGHT you carry at your trunk or too much accessories, wheel alignment and brake problems.
    +1

i adjust the thermostat and fan speed to the setting which i will be comfortable. dati akala ko rin you can save fuel by scrimping on airconditioning. yun pala yung car namin hindi ganun. it only mixes the hot and cold air.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Which A/C setting can help save fuel?