New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Metal clip of the blower is for balancing. Bring it back to EDS, have the seals re checked. Sounds like youre leaking capillary oil or refrigerant somewhere in the evap.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kablitz View Post
    *RomeoAlpha
    I removed the blower and blew hot air on it for 30 mins, the smell did not go away. Even if nabilad na sa araw auto ko, it's still there. And it's been more than a month, if the fan just needed to be broken-in, I think one month is more than enough.

Also, my blower is still functioning properly.

*oj88
    I haven't noticed if the smell changes depending on the blower speed. I'll try it out later. These are my observations:

-If I'm only running the fans with the AC off (no cold air) there's no smell.
    -If I let the fans running for a minute while the AC is off, the smell seems to build up somewhere. So when I finally turn the AC on, the built-up smell is worse.

I saw something odd when I removed the blower though: there's still a small metal clip (looks like a big staple wire) attached to one of the fins of the blower. I already removed it.

I appreciate the troubleshooting tips here, guys. But I'm not really car-savvy and can only do the simpler stuff. So I think I should bring my car to a shop. Do you think I should bring my car back to EDS? Or do you guys have a trusted shop I can go to?
    napalinis na ba yan sir?,. ok din na ibalik mo sya sa eds baka ung ginawa nla ang my problema at sayang naman waranty..

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Here is a simple schematic of a resistor-based blower speed controller. The actual wiring may be different but the general concept is the same.

For the LOW and MED settings, current has to pass through the resistor network. If it only smells when the blower is set to LOW and/or MED (based on the above example), we'll know for certain that it is coming from the resistor.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Here is a simple schematic of a resistor-based blower speed controller. The actual wiring may be different but the general concept is the same.

For the LOW and MED settings, current has to pass through the resistor network. If it only smells when the blower is set to LOW and/or MED (based on the above example), we'll know for certain that it is coming from the resistor.
    i remember the speed controller of the 70s corona.. you can light a cigarette with the glowing resistance coils over at the engine bay...
    at least, doon, hindi umi-init ang dash..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

i remember the speed controller of the 70s corona.. you can light a cigarette with the glowing resistance coils over at the engine bay...
    at least, doon, hindi umi-init ang dash..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    *12vdc
    I'm leaning more towards this as the smell seem more like burnt plastic/chemical rather than electrical. Thanks!

*bakamaka2long
    Yeah, I had it cleaned narin when they replaced my blower. I'm not sure though kung may warranty pa to since last month ko pa to pinagawa.

*oj88
    I see. Got it. I'll test it out with a max fan later. Thanks!

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kablitz View Post
    *12vdc
    I'm leaning more towards this as the smell seem more like burnt plastic/chemical rather than electrical. Thanks!

*bakamaka2long
    Yeah, I had it cleaned narin when they replaced my blower. I'm not sure though kung may warranty pa to since last month ko pa to pinagawa.

*oj88
    I see. Got it. I'll test it out with a max fan later. Thanks!
    try nyu lang po sir kung meron pa waranty ala naman po mawawala pg itry nyu... pero pag wala na talaga hanap na talaga ng ibang shop.. mejo maselan yan ngyari sa oto mo sir,.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    ganito rin dsaken

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Burnt smell on AC. Need a good shop.