New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Where can I have a bm's radiator repaired?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is there anything unique on the radiator of a BMW than any jap car?

Kasi if there is none, any roadside radiator repairshop SHOULD be able to repair it.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    kung repair lang, its the same as any jap car radiator, not sure if may dagdag sa current new bmws

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Its the plastic top. There is a crack on it. I dont know if Denso or a regular radiator shop can fix/replace the part. Rest of the rad is ok.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa toyota corolla na plastic top radiator, some roadside shops can fabricate a copper version nun. WALANG pamalit na plastic din....they would recommend replace the radiator lagi.

A cheaper "temporary" alternative is the radiator repair resin sold sa mga DIY shops (like ACE)...parang gladiator yata yung brand.

Merun pang isa na pang temporary fix (pero I have forgotten the name) na parang yung gladiator din pero ibang brand.

The important thing is when you use this resin fix...you just remove water from radiator and make sure that the portion to be repaired is clean and dry.

After applying the resin...wait for it to cure (depende sa brand it is anywhere between 30 mins to 3 hours). pagnag-cure na, that's the time pa lang lagyan ulit ng tubig and use. These resins have a curing time for the proper polymerization of the chemicals. Violate this curing time, then you will have a weak hold.

If properly cured na it should hold until you finally find a better replacement (or worst this could be the real fix na).

HTH

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Thanks wildthing. I heard about Gladiator, just dont know if it will last. Guess I'll try it nothing to lose. Hope it holds.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dinesign nila talaga yun sa plastic radiator tops.... hindi na kasi uso ang metal top.

meanwhile, you can also search EVERCOOL sa yellow pages, I think they can fabricate or repair radiators professionally.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i tried gladiator on my cefiro's radiator. 3 months na. so far so good.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    what happened to the 3 series? dun ba yung problem? gladiator might work but di ka rin sure...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I just rechecked the car. There is a hairline crack about an inch long on the side of the expansion tank. There is another leak at the bottom of the expansion tank. Cant see it but I can see water driping. Its located on a white plastic thing witha wire attached to it.

I know I can use gladiator on the side but not sure on the part with the wire.

I called basic and they dont have the expansion tank in stock about 2 weeks wait for the part. Any other BMW parts supplier?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
bmw radiator repair