New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Lej View Post
    UPDATE: Nagawa na po ni Mang Danny ang tucson ko. Nakita nila na yung last na gumawa ay may pinutol na wire at idinirekta lang papuntang compressor (something like that). Pinalitan na rin po ng tuluyan ang compressor dahil base sa observation niya ay bibigay na rin. Sobrang bait ni kuya danny at yung mekaniko na katulong niya. Di talaga sila tumigil hanggat di nahahanap ang mali. Hindi rin nila ako tinaga sa price. Kaya tama yung sinasabi ng mga tsikoteros na magaling at mabait talaga si kuya danny. I highly recommend him at si kuyang mekaniko.
    Hi, Lej.

Magkano inabot ng repair ng tucson mo? Tucson din sasakyan ko e at wala nang lamig.

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-801L using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by red.speedy View Post
    Hi, Lej.

Magkano inabot ng repair ng tucson mo? Tucson din sasakyan ko e at wala nang lamig.

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-801L using Tapatalk
    Highly Recommneded si Mang Danny. Baklas nya dashboard ng Altis ko nabalik din ng tama. Nilinis ang evaporator, pati compressor. Palit ng condenser due to leak. Replacement delivered by the supplier. Inabot lang ng 7k parts n labor compared sa quotation ng iba 11k to 18k.
    Call Danny at
    09129646034 seaoil shaw pasig

3. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Maraming salamat kay Mang Danny.

A few days ago until this morning, napansin ko hindi lumalamig sa #2, lumalamig lang sa #3 at #4. This morning while parked, totally nawala na lamig. So nag-text ako kay Mang Danny (thank you tsikot for sharing his contact info).

Sira na ang pulley, whether on/off ang aircon walang nangyayari. Palit pulley assembly, baklas dashboard, linis, freon recharge. P7K. 4hrs+ ang gawa.
    2013 Vios
    113,500+ odo
    First time baklas dashboard.img20210123135416.jpgimg20210123135455.jpgimg20210123140240.jpgimg20210123151232.jpg

Sent from my CPH1911 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Hindi na kinakalas ngayon ang dashboard to access and clean the evaporator, eto na ngayon ang bagong technology:

Hi tech cleaning of car aircon - YouTube

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    Hindi na kinakalas ngayon ang dashboard to access and clean the evaporator, eto na ngayon ang bagong technology:

Hi tech cleaning of car aircon - YouTube
    where did i read, that the use of strong alkali (e.g., sodium hydroxide) earlifies hole formation (leaks!) in the tubings of non-automotive aircons...?
    is this true for car aircons?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ^ Yup. Sodium Hydroxide reaction with Copper Sulfate to form Copper Hydroxide is a staple of chemistry classes. It's well-documented that high pH alkali solutions are corrosive to copper which is used in a lot of A/C lines.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile..._chapter+4.pdf

You can tell this paper is old kasi typewriter pa!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    where did i read, that the use of strong alkali (e.g., sodium hydroxide) earlifies hole formation (leaks!) in the tubings of non-automotive aircons...?
    is this true for car aircons?

That AC guy on the video was trying to BS people of using some chemicals, I just use that video as an example.
    I was trying to show that the new technique does not need a baklas dashboard by using an endoscope fitted with a camera and a spray gun.

Nakita ko ito sa Suzuki Ertiga FB post ng isang nagpalinis ng AC front evaporator using this method na nagpagawa sa sub zero ac shop, which charge 5k.

In fact you can just use soap and water and some shops in Cavite at 450 pesos or DIY.

Car AC Evaporator Cleaning, P45 only - How to clean your Car AC Evaporator w/o removing dashboard - YouTube

Car AC Evaporator Cleaning, P45 only - How to clean your Car AC Evaporator w/o removing dashboard - YouTube

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    That AC guy on the video was trying to BS people of using some chemicals, I just use that video as an example.
    I was trying to show that the new technique does not need a baklas dashboard by using an endoscope fitted with a camera and a spray gun.

Nakita ko ito sa Suzuki Ertiga FB post ng isang nagpalinis ng AC front evaporator using this method na nagpagawa sa sub zero ac shop, which charge 5k.

In fact you can just use soap and water and some shops in Cavite at 450 pesos or DIY.

Car AC Evaporator Cleaning, P45? only - How to clean your Car AC Evaporator w/o removing dashboard - YouTube

Car AC Evaporator Cleaning, P45? only - How to clean your Car AC Evaporator w/o removing dashboard - YouTube
    to me, the "secret weapon" is not the cleaning spray liquid.
    it is the ingenious way they adapted the decades-old fiberoptic science + LED/LCD technology, into a handheld gadget that allows the operator to see where he is spraying the stuff.
    eyeballing the target, as is shown in the above, also works, if it is in the line of sight.
    of course, the operator's skill has much to do with the effectiveness of the cleaning process.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 26th, 2021 at 09:38 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    That AC guy on the video was trying to BS people of using some chemicals, ]
    You mean to say that he is "lye"-ing Another Aircon Repair Shop : Danknee

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    You mean to say that he is "lye"-ing Another Aircon Repair Shop : Danknee

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    probably just tide-ing them up or giving them a breeze.
    mas mura powder detergent kaysa liquid sosa.

Another Aircon Repair Shop : Danknee