New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    should be a mixed solution for pure coolants.
    but as far as i know, prestone coolants are already premixed, so you can pour it directly.
    Prestone still sells Coolant Concentrate, although mas prominent sa shelves yung pre-mixed (cheaper too, since its pre-mixed already).

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i use the concentrated one (prestone) mixed 50-50 with absolute distilled water. but most important is walang leak somewhere or radiator cap for maximum protection.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Guys,
    Gumagamit din ako ng Prestone Coolant and i'm using 50/50 water mixture. I agree to the earlier threads about the benefits of using a coolant.
    -I would like to add:
    *Boiling point will depend on the cooling system working pressure (you can see the rating on your radiator cap).
    *Using coolant a derating effect will occur on the system. (but that dearting effect is already taken cared off during the design stage of the radiator). Coolant mas mababa ang specific heat at mataas namn yung density, comapred to water.
    *If you happen to be in the radiator workshop, makikita nio yung difference if you're using a coolant.

Mas maganda talaga with coolant ang system, 16 years na po ako bilang designer ng mga radiator sa pinas at middle east.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by anthon05 View Post
    Hi fellow tsikoters....

Just want to know your experiences and views on using coolant or just plain water on the radiator...

dati kasi water lang sinasaksak lang hose sa radiator then dumating na itong mga coolant.
    Sa akin kasi i use distilled water, d ko lang alam baka pareho lang pala sa tap water, kasi in time nagkaroon din kalawang.

thanks

anthon05,
    just to add to the discussion, there are two kinds of antifreeze/coolant available nowadays. there are ethylen glycol (usually greenish, toyota original coolant is brownish) and propylene glycol, this one is orange tint. the ethylene glycol have a service life of two years before you drain and refill to guarantee the protection level. the propylene glycol coolant is used on some cars produced since 1995. these two are never to be mixed or the protection levels will be compromised. the service life for propylene glycol is abut five years. environmental concerns prompted the design and production of this newer coolant that you do not need to dump toxic coolant into the water ecosystem. please be earth friendly. we only have one of it and there is no substitute.
    jick
    instructor
    guam community college

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thanks to all.. appreciate the advice and infos

another thing how many liters should i buy? if coolant is 50% ... ilan liters total capacity ng radiator for my crosswind xto?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Anong mas maganda coolant or plain water sa RADIATOR?