New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Just want to share this shop I found along Makati. I was planning to go to Denso along Pasong Tamo ext. and good thing I took the long way to go there and were able to notice this Car Aircon Shop almost at the corner of Pasong Tamo and Arnaiz (Pasay Road). The name of the shop is TOWER OF DAVID. It is just right in front of Makati Cinema Square.

I went there instead since it was already 5pm and it is Sunday, I saw their gate was still open and decided to ask how much for a gen. cleaning for my AC unit. They told me it is 1,5k compared to that place I went at the corner of Pasong Tamo cor. Edsa. (forgot the shop's name) is a bit cheaper. So I decided to have my unit service by them since it's already late and thinking I might not make it if I insist of going to denso at that time.

I told them my problem, water is leaking inside my car after few hours of turning my AC on, during noon time my AC seems to have a hard time to cool my car, and told them the previous observation of that shop in edsa that my thermostat is busted already and it is making my compressor go non-stop. They told me they won't be able to tell me exactly the problem of my unit unless they pull it down. So I told them okay do the cleaning and we'll go from there. They even asked me for a confirmation if I really want to have my unit done (made me think they are not one of those shop who is only up to the clients money)

They started by checking my freon charge and told me it is almost empty and showed me the gauge to prove it. I asked them I just got it serviced from that place in edsa and they even used this machine which recycles freon. They said there might be some leak on my evaporator but they still need to check on that. I already told them that shop advised me to change my expansion valve and that other valve to fix the problem. (which I did)

While they were removing some bolts to pull down my AC unit I was asking them question about that previous diagnostic from that shop in edsa about my compressor not going automatic and it might be my thermostat., they said thermostat (sensor) if it is really not busted we really recommend for the owner to get it from casa coz that is the only place they can get it, they also mentioned they can get it for me but if I have contacts I might be able to get it cheaper than them.

When they pulled out the unit it was all dirty and the foam lining are all banged up! They noticed I still have the stock foam installed and it should have been replaced when I got the unit serviced. They were fast, they can even do the job with their eyes closed. They cleaned the fan, my evaporator and the whole casing for the unit. They checked the evaporator for some leak by filling it with gas and submerging it in a tub of water. There was no leak!

They put everything back together and it only took them 30mins to service my AC unit and they fill in new freon for free... and also the replaced all those foam lining inside on that flap next to the blower.

Finally they checked if the thermostat is really working and they said it is working!!!

I will never go back to that shop in Edsa cor. Pasong Tamo!!!

I will highly recommend TOWER OF DAVID to service your AC unit. You can even eat pares/bananaque/kamoteque while waiting, there's a lot of vendors outside of their parking/service area. The place is simple, neat and people there are friendly, plus the dogs too are friendly :D

By the way, they also have towing service.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    by the way... I'm not affiliated with this shop... I'm just happy with their service

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nogz View Post
    They put everything back together and it only took them 30mins to service my AC unit and they fill in new freon for free...
    Kaya lang duda ako sa parteng ito, may be they skip the most important part of the service, the total dehydration of the system, minimum of 30 minutes is recommended in pulling vacuum, assuming they have a good vacuum pump. But there is more, much, much more. Car AC service is not a 1-2-3 process.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by den1106 View Post
    Kaya lang duda ako sa parteng ito, may be they skip the most important part of the service, the total dehydration of the system, minimum of 30 minutes is recommended in pulling vacuum, assuming they have a good vacuum pump. But there is more, much, much more. Car AC service is not a 1-2-3 process.
    nakalimutan ko ilagay ung detail naun hehe! pero siguro mga 15 mins nivacuum ung akin... kasi nga wala na din laman ung unit ko... pero mabilis naman nakargahan... direct from the tank....

ngayon kahit tanghaling tapat at tirik ang araw malamig aircon ko :D

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ayus..mabisita nga ang Tower of David...ung shop na pinupuntahan ko parang namemera lang...papalit nang papalit..tapos gagana lang ung aircon ko ng 1 week...after pinalitan ung compressor..now parang balik na naman yung problem...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ivramus View Post
    ayus..mabisita nga ang Tower of David...ung shop na pinupuntahan ko parang namemera lang...papalit nang papalit..tapos gagana lang ung aircon ko ng 1 week...after pinalitan ung compressor..now parang balik na naman yung problem...

I recently encountered the same problem and I finally found New Car aircon shop in Makati... its name is "Maroon Car Aircon", they fix my problem in AC. I only spend 2.5K they replaced my compressor and everything....Perfect Service!. you may contact them via 0918 7247983 and look sir Mar

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sir how muc bili mo sa compresor mo

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxxzzz View Post
    I recently encountered the same problem and I finally found New Car aircon shop in Makati... its name is "Maroon Car Aircon", they fix my problem in AC. I only spend 2.5K they replaced my compressor and everything....Perfect Service!. you may contact them via 0918 7247983 and look sir Mar
    sir saan po nyo pinagawa or binili yung compressor nyo

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    nice to hear.. anong kotse ang ginagawa?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I went to Tower of David this morning to have the aircon of my 5 year old Tucson fixed as sir Nogz has recommended. My AC had less blowing power these past few months although coolness is still there. I told the technician the problem and he just took out my glove compartment and replaced the AC filter which took only less than 10 minutes! My AC after was back to its original blowing power and coolness. Funny, that I prepared like half of my day to wait for the servicing of the AC as what I would expect from other shops. Kudos to Tower of David! Galeng!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Aircon Shop in Makati Area (highly recommended)